Cross Turismo launch color

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Take the battery out and keep in the boot!

Carrier is designed for 3 bikes.... presumably of the carbon fibre kind!
54 kgs that is with battery taken out for one of them - the other cannot be taken out.
I placed an order for a Taycan CT and it would be so unfortunate if I had to switch bikes.

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo launch color 1616085402753
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hmm, You might want to check the tyre width on the carrier as your bike looks like it has broad tyres and may not be suitable for the slot on the carrier (but that is a complete guess),

It’s a real pain that Porsche appears to have gone proprietary on this and the normal trailer hitch cycle carriers can’t be used (I’m guessing you have one already) and likely makes them redundant as far as the Taycan is concerned.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hmm, You might want to check the tyre width on the carrier as your bike looks like it has broad tyres and may not be suitable for the slot on the carrier (but that is a complete guess),

It’s a real pain that Porsche appears to have gone proprietary on this and the normal trailer hitch cycle carriers can’t be used (I’m guessing you have one already) and likely makes them redundant as far as the Taycan is concerned.
You are right it is a real pain. My thule carrier is brand new and was perfect for my bikes. I just realized how expensive this thing is ! a raisonnable price would have been in the 500-700€ but we're talking +1700€ ... total nonsense

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You are right it is a real pain. My thule carrier is brand new and was perfect for my bikes. I just realized how expensive this thing is ! a raisonnable price would have been in the 500-700€ but we're talking +1700€ ... total nonsense
Precisely. I have a nearly new Thule carrier for a tow bar and the roof equivalent which are currently gathering dust and had my hopes pinned on the CT to change that. I won’t get a CT until Nov’22 so hopefully there is an alternative carrier but I can’t see the attachment method changing.

The other annoying thing is that you can’t source the foot pack for the roof bars from Thule even though we all “know” that Porsche must have OEM’d this (and the carrier) from them. So right now it is a closed shop forcing a potential reinvestment. Shame on Porsche!
Sponsored