December 2022 Deliveries

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Took delivery today, Dec 1st. My Taycan actually arrived at the dealer 3 days ago on Nov 28, so I guess I could’ve been a November delivery if I were not so busy with work and kids.

Anyhow, I have finally have it, and it was worth the wait. What an amazing machine.

2023 Taycan GTS in Chalk with bordeaux/black interior. Has Bose and has power steering column.

Ordered this baby in March 2022, waffled with options and colors back and forth over the summer months, and was given an unexpected allocation in September. I think I lucked out. It moved along the TYD fairly quickly and the actual dates remained faithful to the estimated dates within a few days throughout all the steps. Around 8 months from order to delivery - so not too bad considering what’s going on in the world.

Deposit placed: March 18
Freeze date: Sep 21
Scheduled for Production: Oct 5
Start production: Oct 21
Production Complete: Oct 27
Transit to Emden: Oct 28
Arrival Emden port: Nov 1
On Vessel Siem Cicero: Nov 8
Entry port Baltimore, MD: Nov 25
Arrival at Dealership: Nov 28

And now it’s all mine! :)<— this emoji doesn’t even come close to the actual smile stuck on my face right now. I have not been this jazzed about buying a new car since my first Porsche, a 2011 GT3 that I bought around 12 years ago.

Porsche Taycan December 2022 Deliveries C36384F5-CFCE-43E7-A8D0-0477C95A3B25

Porsche Taycan December 2022 Deliveries B8FFA109-874B-4FE2-9930-B5F619881D3F

Porsche Taycan December 2022 Deliveries 945270D3-7E32-4815-95AD-91EC5F8FE573

Last edited:

kloisdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm not sure, and I'm beginning to suspect they aren't accurate. Pwl.de is still serving the schedule per CW35, so I don't know where the other one came from.

It wouldn't be surprising to see more ships diverted towards emptying Emden out - as others pointed out, there might be legal implications to Porsche not delivering MY22 in the calendar year '22.. having said that, the current 'pace' and schedule of those ships does not seem to align with the schedule in your post.
Looks like we were wrong! The dates were off, but SFL Composer is at anchor in Emden!!

Porsche Taycan December 2022 Deliveries Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.44.49 AM

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Took delivery today, Dec 1st. My Taycan actually arrived at the dealer 3 days ago on Nov 28, so I guess I could’ve been a November delivery if I were not so busy with work and kids.

Anyhow, I have finally have it, and it was worth the wait. What an amazing machine.

2023 Taycan GTS in Chalk with bordeaux/black interior. Has Bose and has power steering column.

Ordered this baby in March 2022, waffled with options and colors back and forth over the summer months, and was given an unexpected allocation in September. I think I lucked out. It moved along the TYD fairly quickly and the actual dates remained faithful to the estimated dates within a few days throughout all the steps. Around 8 months from order to delivery - so not too bad considering what’s going on in the world.

Deposit placed: March 18
Freeze date: Sep 21
Scheduled for Production: Oct 5
Start production: Oct 21
Production Complete: Oct 27
Transit to Emden: Oct 28
Arrival Emden port: Nov 1
On Vessel Siem Cicero: Nov 8
Entry port Baltimore, MD: Nov 25
Arrival at Dealership: Nov 28

And now it’s all mine! :)<— this emoji doesn’t even come close to the actual smile stuck on my face right now. I have not been this jazzed about buying a new car since my first Porsche, a 2011 GT3 that I bought around 12 years ago.
Looks great. I wanted the GTS black-out look for my 4S. I got everything black, but I couldn't bring myself to spring for painted rims - you have to buy the most expensive ones and then pay extra to have them painted.

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi all

I was due to collect my new Taycan GTS on Sunday 4 December. Received email from dealer at lunchtime to say they’ve found fault with heating system and can’t now confirm when I might be able to collect due to part being on back order.

As you can imagine my son and I are disappointed and having waited 12 months for the car to arrive to have a last minute issue strike!

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I shouldn't care, but I do. Does anyone have a way to track the Glovis Clipper right now, when it's mid ocean and AIS does not work?

The last position shown in all of the various online ship trackers is four days ago, when the ship was close enough to an island for AIS tracking to work. The ship almost certainly also has satellite tracking, but I can't find a free web site that will show the data.

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
I shouldn't care, but I do. Does anyone have a way to track the Glovis Clipper right now, when it's mid ocean and AIS does not work?

The last position shown in all of the various online ship trackers is four days ago, when the ship was close enough to an island for AIS tracking to work. The ship almost certainly also has satellite tracking, but I can't find a free web site that will show the data.
Sometimes...TYD...updates vessel position...click on the vessel icon in the background...often gives speed and direction.

familyhauler

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (ordered)
Country flag

Shipfix works for me: https://directory.shipfix.com/ship/glovis-clipper_IMO-9441582

thebuttonmonkey

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Long term lurker piping up to say... mine has left the factory! Mamba Green 4S on its way to Emben, should be with the dealer on the 16th and hopefully here for Christmas. Slightly surprised to get the mail from our dealer as the app still says 'awaiting production'. We don't have the full tracker here in the UK.

Seeing people talking about tracking ships - does anyone know the name of the ship that sails UK cars to Grimsby from Emben?

Any recommendations for insurance companies would be welcome too.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Long term lurker piping up to say... mine has left the factory! Mamba Green 4S on its way to Emben, should be with the dealer on the 16th and hopefully here for Christmas. Slightly surprised to get the mail from our dealer as the app still says 'awaiting production'. We don't have the full tracker here in the UK.

Seeing people talking about tracking ships - does anyone know the name of the ship that sails UK cars to Grimsby from Emben?

Any recommendations for insurance companies would be welcome too.
Your dealer rep should be able to tell you the vessel name once your car is loaded onto one.

thebuttonmonkey

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your dealer rep should be able to tell you the vessel name once your car is loaded onto one.
I'll ask, thanks!
Although we asked if there'd been any problems with batteries or Bose in production and he said 'I'm not sure, but I've got my fingers crossed for you!'... so don't hold your breathe.

(We made him go and check. There weren't any problems.)
Sponsored