Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
I hope it does not happen again while you drive and your car stalls at a highway. There have been several report of that happening.
Make sure your dealer documents that your car had the electrical fault and they were unable to diagnose. If it happens again you might actually be able to lemon the car on the second occurrence because that is a very serious issue and renders the car unsafe to drive.

p.s. I had a Macan with engine oil leak problems and it was at the dealer 5 times and more than 30days under warranty. They did not care much about the lemon law. It is hard and expensive for the owner to lemon a car and they know it.
Ok that would be scary. Its one thing when you can't start it in the garage (annoying etc..) but something completely different if it happens when driving.
Now dealer says they will keep the car overnight.

D
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok that would be scary. Its one thing when you can't start it in the garage (annoying etc..) but something completely different if it happens when driving.
Now dealer says they will keep the car overnight.

D
You can read the NHTSA complains here:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/PORSCHE/TAYCAN%25204S/4%2520DR/AWD
There have been reports like that in this forum too.

In addition, ask your dealer to check if the car connects to Porsche servers i.e your Porsche ID. Sometimes the 12v battery issue affects the Over The Air module and connectivity stops.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pretty much the exact thing happened to me today. No word yet from the Porsche Marin about the cause or solution. Hopefully will get an update tomorrow.
And also no loaner available. In fact, they said a loaner wouldn’t be available for six weeks!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Pretty much the exact thing happened to me today. No word yet from the Porsche Marin about the cause or solution. Hopefully will get an update tomorrow.
And also no loaner available. In fact, they said a loaner wouldn’t be available for six weeks!
Having spent too much time at the dealer I talked a lot with the local crowd. They said biggest problem they had in 2020 was lack of inventory - everything was delayed. I suspect they sold a lot of the cars they would otherwise use as loaners. Still very annoying to 1) have the car fail and 2) not have a loaner....

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Having spent too much time at the dealer I talked a lot with the local crowd. They said biggest problem they had in 2020 was lack of inventory - everything was delayed. I suspect they sold a lot of the cars they would otherwise use as loaners. Still very annoying to 1) have the car fail and 2) not have a loaner....
In Southern California if the dealer is out of loaners they will put you in a rental until your car is ready.

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
In Southern California if the dealer is out of loaners they will put you in a rental until your car is ready.
Quick update.
Stevens Creek Porsche is helping and working nicely.
I got a nice loaner (Cayenne).
The car bricked itself at the dealer so now they are taking it very seriously and working with Porsche to figure out what is going on.

Dan

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick update.
Stevens Creek Porsche is helping and working nicely.
I got a nice loaner (Cayenne).
The car bricked itself at the dealer so now they are taking it very seriously and working with Porsche to figure out what is going on
If I remember correctly this is the same dealer who told you your car was fine and asked you to pick it up the first day after you tow it there...
You are lucky you did not, otherwise the car would have bricked on you again.

Try to get in writing (text or email) the fact that your car died again at the dealer because it is likely you will have to lemon it. If you lease or finance you should request Porsche NA to reimburse your payment for the duration you car is at the dealer.

DubaiEye

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Website
volt.ae
Vehicles
21Taycan TS,AC Cobra,Tesla X,Tesla 3,Zoe,Fiat 500e
Country flag
In Dubai UAE, there are 4-5 Taycan's that Porsche AG asked dealer to stop delivery and gave the Options to Owners to reorder new cars or wait for a software update coming soon or "Get-money back" .It appears to me a Software bug that drain the 12v + in one of those cars it drains the Main High-Voltage battery pack.

I have been assisting a friend who traded his 911 4 months ago for the Taycan and his car was at the dealer since early Jan and still waiting for it to be ready....

when i got into this matter i just had to ask all the details about it and push for a Loaner car but unfortunately the dealer said since the car is not register yet at DMV they cant give him one + they wont register it as it has an issue add salt to injury they pointed out to Porsche ME HQ office as its the manufacturer issue not dealer related matter. i found this very disappointing.

is it an obligation that dealer are representing the brand ?

What a Sham!!!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In Dubai UAE, there are 4-5 Taycan's that Porsche AG asked dealer to stop delivery and gave the Options to Owners to reorder new cars or wait for a software update coming soon or "Get-money back" .It appears to me a Software bug that drain the 12v + in one of those cars it drains the Main High-Voltage battery pack.

I have been assisting a friend who traded his 911 4 months ago for the Taycan and his car was at the dealer since early Jan and still waiting for it to be ready....

when i got into this matter i just had to ask all the details about it and push for a Loaner car but unfortunately the dealer said since the car is not register yet at DMV they cant give him one + they wont register it as it has an issue add salt to injury they pointed out to Porsche ME HQ office as its the manufacturer issue not dealer related matter. i found this very disappointing.

is it an obligation that dealer are representing the brand ?

What a Sham!!!
That's interesting to hear cars are being held back indicating Porsche have finally tuned into various serious issues which may) may not be region specific.

A lot appears to be riding on this software upgrade if as indicated all is connected. Vague dates on timing too - my dealer said March but I'm sure that was a guess.

Rgee27

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8, Mamba 4 Cross Turismo on order
Country flag
Wow. I was thinking of leasing on of the remaining 2020 4S cars they still have on the lot. They use to set up a enterprise rental behind the dealership for loaners. They were crappy but at least you had something. Disappointing.

Tcar20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. Porsche software clearly needs improvement. And my remote climate control has stopped working - again.....
Mine never worked...dealer is so clueless I won’t even bother.

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow. I was thinking of leasing on of the remaining 2020 4S cars they still have on the lot. They use to set up a enterprise rental behind the dealership for loaners. They were crappy but at least you had something. Disappointing.
Just heard back from the dealer.
They need to replace the battery, there is none available in the US or Germany. They have no ETA on when they will get one or how long it will take them to fix this.
All in all, if I had an option of turning the car back in I would do that ASAP. Also at this point in time I can not tell anybody that buying a Taycan would be a good idea.

D

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just heard back from the dealer.
They need to replace the battery, there is none available in the US or Germany. They have no ETA on when they will get one or how long it will take them to fix this.
All in all, if I had an option of turning the car back in I would do that ASAP. Also at this point in time I can not tell anybody that buying a Taycan would be a good idea.

D
I am sorry to hear about your case. Since it is already 7 days since you first post, it is likely your car will be out of service for 30days and you will be able to use the lemon law. I hope they give you a loaner till you get your car back.
I have only encountered non-catastrophic bugs so far but I share your frustration. This is the most expensive and most powerful car I have ever owned but the software, electronics, interior rattles and most importantly the after-sale customer support totally ruin my experience.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heard from dealer, the car will not be done before end of March.
Any advice from people here? My take is to immediately start lemon law process and get out of this.

D

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heard from dealer, the car will not be done before end of March.
Any advice from people here? My take is to immediately start lemon law process and get out of this.

D
First get in writing that the car will not be ready till end of March.
You can start by asking the dealer who sold you this car or Porsche NA to buy it back. If the car is lemoned then it is cost for them too because lemon will show up in the car's title so they will not be able to resell it for good money, so they have a tiny incentive to buy it before it is lemoned.

If their answer is no or if they don't reply fast, then hire a lemon layer to take care of the whole thing so you don't have to waste more of your time on this matter.
Sponsored