Discount on custom build

n4ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
For those that recently did a custom build were the dealers willing to negotiate % off MSRP or was it MSRP as the price? I am in between finding something on the lot a 2021 or just going custom. Right now not getting enough enticing deals to make the jump to something on the lot. So far only seeing 5% or so off MSRP for 2021 4S on the lot.
Sponsored

luckystone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I managed to get about 4% off a custom build. In hindsight I believe I could’ve done better since he was very easygoing, so I guess he won the negotiation, but 4% is a good discount IMO.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For those that recently did a custom build were the dealers willing to negotiate % off MSRP or was it MSRP as the price? I am in between finding something on the lot a 2021 or just going custom. Right now not getting enough enticing deals to make the jump to something on the lot. So far only seeing 5% or so off MSRP for 2021 4S on the lot.
Spoke to two dealers and neither was willing to give me a discount on custom and reluctant to give much on one that came into the lot. They were also saying they don’t get many in.

You can negotiate on other things though like trade-in, freebies, wrap/tint etc.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
I probably appeared too hungry, but all I got was about 1% reduction on my RWD order. Given the way most things are selling at sticker, I was OK with it. They also gave me a very good price on my 2013 Carrera S Cab....

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It depends on your location. In bay area, none seems to give a sizable discount. Demand is so much more than supply atm.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
It depends on your location. In bay area, none seems to give a sizable discount. Demand is so much more than supply atm.
I got a new 2020 4s at 102k +tax that was marked at 134k 5 months ago

there are discounts in the Bay Area.

of course I now regret this for other reasons. But it was a hell of a discount.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I paid MSRP on a 2021 4S in the Midwest. But I also didn’t ask about any discounts. Not my thing. The only thing I did was verify no markups when I put down a deposit in 2018.

OP
OP

n4ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

WOW. Nice work.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I negotiated 7% discount on a custom 4S ordered in January and delivered in April. I spoke to my salesman a couple of weeks ago. They had almost no new inventory of ANY Porsche model. He said there were no discounts now. Supply and demand.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got 7% off a custom build, but I'm a bit of a psychopath when it comes to negotiating with car dealers. Admittedly, I went to more than a few dealers before I found someone willing to play, and most of the dealers I went to we're very priggish. “Oh, no we don't offer discounts. These are Porsches!”, was a common refrain that echoed my steps as I exited the dealer.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Why do you regret it?

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Nearly all dealerships will claim that they won't discount, and some actually won't. But most will. They just need to believe that you won't buy a car from them at MSRP before they'll start talking. I got 6%, for what it's worth, and I could've gotten better if I'd been more patient. (I chose a dealer based on how early an allocation they could get me. So I'm going to get one of the last '21s to roll off the assembly line, which actually saves me a couple hundred bucks a year in registration fees.)

Most dealers want a $2500 deposit. If you option the car out like crazy they may ask for $5000 (because it's harder for them to sell a highly-customized car). Some dealers want a percentage. The deposit is usually, though not always, negotiable.
Sponsored