Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m finding an incredibly inconsistent experience with Ionity in the U.K. only had my 4S Cross Turismo 3 weeks but done 3 Ionity charges (two at Chippenham, one at Cullompton). Amazing charge yesterday at Chippenham No 4 getting 255kw for most of the charge and went from 19% to 80% in 17 mins! Earlier in the day 60kw at Cullompton. Both times at c20%. Previous time at Chippenham 120kw which is fine. Always at least one not working. How are others finding it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Larkey

Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So I had the charger destination programmed into the PCM satnav via the app each time - does that pre-heat automatically or do you have to initiate? Either way wouldn’t explain a spread of 60-255kw in similar circumstances. I think it’s a potluck which charger you get at the stations.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
That should so it. I don’t have much experience myself but that does sound pretty random. And annoying. There is no way to manually pre heat the battery - program a charger or drive it hard in sport mode are the 2 options. I think for a fast charge it needs to be up to 30 degrees. But I dont know how fast it will charge if the battery is 18-20 degrees

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
2 visits to Cullompton recently there and back on trip to Cornwall.
NO ONE getting over 43kw either time.
Rubbish. Definitely not at full capacity.

Better news. Blackburn up and running yesterday after over a year of being out of commission.

If ionity not working it’s them not your car! Don’t worry!

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
I used an Ionity near Norwich the other day and got around 100kw. Took about an hour to go from 18% to 93%

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I use Gretna most and it has been 100% reliable, it achieves the full 250/260kW when charging with less than 30%. Also use Leeds Skelton from time to time and find it less predictable, often less speed than expected so I think the individual station is a factor.

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Perth 100% reliable too.
- 250kwh at 13% and 35 degrees C.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Cambridge Services on several occasions last week and all have worked just fine. Have seen other cars moving around stalls, but may have been a car issue with them, since I had success in charging at those stations before and after. Peak charge rate 258 kW!
Sponsored