First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is an upgrade that will make it hard to log back into your user and your Connect services unless you play a fun game where you have to log out, get out of your car, walk away, come back, log back in, fail, go out, and do this multiple times until you succeed. People seeing you do this won't think you're nuts, they'll be envious of you and your Porsche.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Normally I’d welcome this but the timing sucks for me. I’ll be right in the middle of my first multi day road trip of well over 1000 miles with all likelihood of poor signal. Here’s hoping for a smooth experience🙏.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
is this really a vehicle software update - it appears to me to be a server update and you have to have the car log out and log back in…I've read the eMail twice and I don't see where there is any change to the vehicle software, but maybe I'm just dense.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
is this really a vehicle software update - it appears to me to be a server update and you have to have the car log out and log back in…I've read the eMail twice and I don't see where there is any change to the vehicle software, but maybe I'm just dense.
It might be that MY22 and MY23 are using a different server farm with maybe a little bit different set up. It looks like Porsche is migrating the old MY20 and MY21 accounts to the new server farm / set up ...but I can be wrong off course

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
From my email:
"Wij bereiden uw voertuig hierop voor door in de eerste stap een systeemaanpassing uit te voeren.

Deze systeemaanpassing gebeurt in de nacht van 26 op
27 april tussen 23 en 6 uur".

Which translates into:
"We prepare your vehicle for this by carrying out a system adjustment in the first step.

This system adjustment will take place on the night of April 26 to 27 between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m
."

Took me a second read too to see it's the car being prepared to establish a new connection to the upgraded server system.

I see the English email is slightly different.

Reactions: B61

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really don't understand this rant.
So improvement isn't something you asked for?
Complaining and complaining, page after page.
And now that Porsche has actually listened to us the rant keeps going on and on and on...
Ok.
Some people are just prisoners in their house of frustration. 😂
I'm glad my car performs great and connect services work now 10/10.
I'm sure this update will improve things even more, like Porsche has done in the past.
Sorry you missed it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Dee, I wish I could upvote this a million times. It is a shame that this forum has turned into such a drama-filled place over the last year (oh no, my ashtray is full, do I return the car?!).

"Prisoners in their house of frustration" - not sure if that is your creation, but it is a great comment.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Dee, I wish I could upvote this a million times. It is a shame that this forum has turned into such a drama-filled place over the last year (oh no, my ashtray is full, do I return the car?!).

"Prisoners in their house of frustration" - not sure if that is your creation, but it is a great comment.
Thanks.
It's the main reason I don't visit often anymore.
Ok, back on topic! 😁

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This is an upgrade that will make it hard to log back into your user and your Connect services unless you play a fun game where you have to log out, get out of your car, walk away, come back, log back in, fail, go out, and do this multiple times until you succeed. People seeing you do this won't think you're nuts, they'll be envious of you and your Porsche.
Or they already know you're completely nuts cuz of you stroking your bumper to get the damn hood to freakin' open!!

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
On your point of terrible OTA, it is sad. But also I think they need to hire someone creative to make these infomercials. Maybe the A-Team guy? Make a funny video where he is all like. I PITY THE FOOL WHO DONT WAIT 2 MINUTES FOR IT TO CONNECT TO OUR SERVERS!
Difficult to make something funny about something that might be very frustrating - (I personally expect my $200k car to not frustrate me repeatedly) and not to be seen as making light of someone's pain. Having said that, I do wish they tried!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
From my email:
"Wij bereiden uw voertuig hierop voor door in de eerste stap een systeemaanpassing uit te voeren.

Deze systeemaanpassing gebeurt in de nacht van 26 op
27 april tussen 23 en 6 uur".

Which translates into:
"We prepare your vehicle for this by carrying out a system adjustment in the first step.

This system adjustment will take place on the night of April 26 to 27 between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m
."

Took me a second read too to see it's the car being prepared to establish a new connection to the upgraded server system.

I see the English email is slightly different.
I have no email yet (MY21,).

Reactions: B61

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
After the car alarm going off often on its own seems to have been resolved by sensor change (after a wait that took months), my main issue with the car is unreliable connection with My Porsche app in my phone. Sometimes app things and functions are up-to-date and work with a click, sometimes very frustratingly nothing gets updated and commands do not reach the car.

Looking forward to this update resolving those issues. Don't mind extra logins or potential extra restart/reset as long as the update improves the connectivity.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
After the car alarm going off often on its own seems to have been resolved by sensor change (after a wait that took months), my main issue with the car is unreliable connection with My Porsche app in my phone. Sometimes app things and functions are up-to-date and work with a click, sometimes very frustratingly nothing gets updated and commands do not reach the car.

Looking forward to this update resolving those issues. Don't mind extra logins or potential extra restart/reset as long as the update improves the connectivity.
I have the same issues! Hope this update solve these