Heating Failure

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
Hi all

I was due to collect mine on 4.12.22 (brand new Taycan GTS) and dealer emailed on 1.12.22 to tell me heater had failed as part of PDI

This is after paying for the car, tracker subscription and car insurance!

They also registered the car before collection and now I have no idea when I will be able to collect. As you can imagine, not happy and speaking to dealer about financial losses, and having a 2022 registered car that I may collect in 2023.
sorry to hear that your honeymoon with the GTS is getting delayed, it seems the MY22/23 models are also affected by the HV heater issue on "NEW CARS!" whereas Porsche first mentioned it's only related to the MY20/21 models.
Nothing you can do at this moment but patiently wait for the car to be fixed/completed the PDI without no issues.
Sponsored

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree I would definitely buy another Tesla as the Electronics are years ahead of Porsche without doubt
I am actually thinking of going back to plug-in ICEs since the gas price is falling back to normal. any EVs in winter is pretty much useless when it comes to range, the vast amount of juice you pour in every week/month costs more than gasolining a full tank.

OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
sorry to hear that your honeymoon with the GTS is getting delayed, it seems the MY22/23 models are also affected by the HV heater issue on "NEW CARS!" whereas Porsche first mentioned it's only related to the MY20/21 models.
Nothing you can do at this moment but patiently wait for the car to be fixed/completed the PDI without no issues.
massive problem including the Audi e trons it’s a £1360.00 part and 9 hours to fit I am told and certainly don’t want a bill like that when warranty runs out

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
massive problem including the Audi e trons it’s a £1360.00 part and 9 hours to fit I am told and certainly don’t want a bill like that when warranty runs out
ballocks! but even if the warranty runs out, Porsche should still get the fixed at their cost since it's a quality component issue, look at the sheer amount of Taycan owners having this HV heater issue worldwide.

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
Hope they fix quick with Christmas coming up
Well I have spoken to Porsche and they have confirmed they need the car back, and parts are on back order. The good news is they are lending me another Tyacan for the duration which is great. Fingers crossed the heater is ok!

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The heater that is being replaced in Taycans is a high-voltage electric heater that heats coolant for the passenger cabin, windshield defrosting, defogging, and cabin preheating. Picture of it and description are below.
Porsche Taycan Heating Failure 1671144335887

Porsche Taycan Heating Failure 1671144413715

Also, see attachment.

Attachments

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The heater that is being replaced in Taycans is a high-voltage electric heater that heats coolant for the passenger cabin, windshield defrosting, defogging, and cabin preheating. Picture of it and description are below.
1671144335887.png

1671144413715.png

Also, see attachment.
thanks for sharing this! however, I didn't quite understand how the HV heater, described as a third system, can fail the entire heating system once it's broken, but according to the mechanics at my dealer, it's a QC issue of the HV heaters which Porsche should have done better.

so my car is at the dealer since Thursday, they were able to get me a Cayenne right away until the car was completely fixed. before then I called Porsche Assistance, and they could arrange the towing service for the next day, however there are NO premium replacements, only Opel Corsa, and Nissan Micra, cars in the category are available.
if you are not in a critical situation (safety always first) where you can manage to drive to the dealer, just do it

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Bugger - my heater has just failed. Feels like it just a matter of time. Interesting my Range Rover Sport PHEV had a similar issue with its high voltage heater. Maybe most heating elements are designed around 240v and not 400/800v
Porsche Taycan Heating Failure 20221217_155407

Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Have any U.K. people managed to get their heater fixed yet or even a rough lead time? Fired off some letters to Porsche today. Worked out in the 8 months I’ve had my Taycan it’s spent 35% of the time at the dealer due to this problem and being on my 3rd panoramic glass roof! Love the car but really not sure what to do. Would a replacement be any better or do I get my money back and buy something else?

Reeves29

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Mamba Green
Country flag
Have any U.K. people managed to get their heater fixed yet or even a rough lead time? Fired off some letters to Porsche today. Worked out in the 8 months I’ve had my Taycan it’s spent 35% of the time at the dealer due to this problem and being on my 3rd panoramic glass roof! Love the car but really not sure what to do. Would a replacement be any better or do I get my money back and buy something else?
mine was recovered to the Cardiff Dealership last Tuesday as the heating failed. The update yesterday from the dealership was bascailly no update.They have no idea when the part will arrive, so nothing is going to happen in the next couple of weeks. Very disappointing.

Billocrates

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
After filling out the "how did we do" survey following the 2 year service (most expensive brake fluid change I have ever had!), the After Sales Manager from Porsche Centre Exeter was on the phone to me within the hour, most apologetic. He said they had 2 heaters on back order but still no sign of when they will arrive.

Last edited:

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
After filling out the "how did we do" survey following the 2 year service (most expensive brake fluid change I have ever had!), the After Sales Manager from Porsche Centre Exeter was on the phone to me within the hours, most apologetic. He said they had 2 heaters on back order but still no sign of when they will arrive.
Hi all

My brand new Taycan GTS (which I haven’t even collected yet) is at dealers with the heating issue.

I’m told by a number of people, it’s likely to be 4-6 weeks before parts arrive.

I’ve been waiting since 2 December.
Sponsored