May 2023 Deliveries

nebur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My delivery date is a mystery :(

The tracker showed an original delivery date of 5/2 with port entry on 4/24. One day between 4/24 and 5/2 it changed to an early delivery date of 4/28(Your Porsche has arrived at your Porsche dealer). The tracker still shows that the vehicle was delivered on April 28th. After contacting my SA, I was given the anticipated date of 5/12 because apparently there was a minor mechanical problem issue after the Taycan was released for delivery.

- No clarification on the 'minor' mechanical problem, perhaps logistics crashed it, who knows

On another note: Porsche is/was sending Taycan's to the US without battery's due to a recall. Yes, EVs at the Jacksonville port without batteries. Crazy. I don't think my vehicle was affected but who knows.
Sponsored

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
My delivery date is a mystery :(

The tracker showed an original delivery date of 5/2 with port entry on 4/24. One day between 4/24 and 5/2 it changed to an early delivery date of 4/28(Your Porsche has arrived at your Porsche dealer). The tracker still shows that the vehicle was delivered on April 28th. After contacting my SA, I was given the anticipated date of 5/12 because apparently there was a minor mechanical problem issue after the Taycan was released for delivery.

- No clarification on the 'minor' mechanical problem, perhaps logistics crashed it, who knows

On another note: Porsche is/was sending Taycan's to the US without battery's due to a recall. Yes, EVs at the Jacksonville port without batteries. Crazy. I don't think my vehicle was affected but who knows.
a vague reply like that from my dealer id definitely be a little paranoid.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Booked flights and made all arrangements for kids et al.

Porsche card (local thing) hasn't arrived so since I'm taking the flight tomorrow to collect the car, I'll have to avoid ionity like the plague on my maiden voyage. It's not a big deal since I would have to pay it anyway (albeit at reduced rate) but at full price it's like 3x more expensive than all other solutions en route. I "should" have high speed chargers available every 50-60km so I'm not sweating it (yet anyway) and I made contracts with 9 energy providers (also a Portuguese thing) so one of the cards or apps will certainly work. I changed my toll charge device to the new car too.

Unless the plane crashes, I should have my car in less than 24h (fingers crossed)

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Anyone else on Violet Ace? Pulling into houston tonight maybe ill get lucky and get my car this week! we'll see.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I am confirmed by my SA, no ship info in TYD, to be on SIEM CONFUCIUS

This shows me that TYD date of 5/12 leaving Emden matched ships departure date. TYD did not update any other downstream dates at this time. The ship arrives at Davisville on 5/23 so I should be comfortably making May delivery, [Edit] not so fast per my SA, since my port is Baltimore, this means arrival there is 5/26, so he is projecting 6/2, bummer.

Last edited:

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
Not much detail: Finished Manufacture on the 4 May; As of today on a ship...hoping to get the delivery this month... (ordered November 2021)

solid_snake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Took Delivery two days ago 5/10 Taycan 4S Chalk... Placed order December 26 2023.
Car was driven immediately to PPF, tint etc. so I will post pictures when I get it back next week.

Here is my experience and things I wish I knew before delivery:
For context, I never bought a car at a dealer before. I have only bought 3 cars in my life.
Tesla Model S in 2016
Tesla Model X in 2017
and now Porsche Taycan 4s 2023.

My experience getting the Porsche was significantly underwhelming compared to my other two cars. Note that 2016 and 2017 was at the height of awesomeness for Tesla (service and delivery) prior to all model 3s and Ys. So taking delivery back then was different than what happens today.

For my Tycan delivery:

1) They put my car in a tiny showroom. Looked like a garage, had to open the garage door to do the unveil I had 3 feet max on each sides and 1 feet to a wall behind the car.
Believe me, when you get a car like this you want to walk around it. Take pictures and take it all in.
For those who haven't taken delivery, please Call ahead and demand they put your car in a large main showroom, non of this garage BS, some of you may be like me, when I get a car delivered I have family come and see... you want room.

2) 1 min after unveiling my SA tells me so and so is ready for you. So I have to interrupt my moment and go to the back room write a massive check. And the sales guy I have never seen in my life pulls out a sheet and starts to try and sell me service stuff. I am not good on the spot with sales pressure, I do a ton of research. I end up forking out an additional $4k on top of the $168k. Maybe I made the right decision with the $4k of service stuff I paid for, but my point is, I was not mentally prepared.
Tesla delivery back in the day, finance was done. you had maybe one paper to sign regarding registration or something very simple, there is no selling you crap. Delivery day was about you and your new baby.
So, of course I had to pay for the car, but I wonder if there is a better way to do this. Maybe come some time before and tell your SA you want to do finance before and then go enjoy your car unveil. Either right after or later that day, or something. My point is for those who are not mentally prepared, get ready for a pressure sale interruption in the middle of your delivery.

for the good stuff.
3) The Car is incredible, and just as everyone says way better in person.

4) My SA is absolutely awesome. Yes. So far the treatment from Porsche besides the above two points that could be controlled, if you know ahead of time, has been great. Way surpassing Tesla, which good luck talking to a human once you get your cars.

My SA called the next day to check on the car. I revealed the brakes feel long. I have the white PSCB. He tells me to text him when I pick up my car form the PPF shop. He will clear his schedule that afternoon so he can go ride with me and see what is going on.

So, at the end I suggest. (1) make sure you tell them you want room to walk around the car. (2) Consider getting finance stuff out of the way ahead of time. be prepared for salesmanship stuff.
my brakes felt long too. On day 3 or 4 i was pushing the car pretty hard as I was in a rush and I was using the brakes hard. Towards the end of my drive i hit the brakes pretty hard one more time and regenerative breaking kicked in and I immediately noticed a difference. My regen breaking started when the odometer hit 184 miles + some hard braking. After that I have gotten used to the braking and the it doesnt feel as long. The brakes are designed to be bled in first before regen braking kicks in, and thats what the true braking of the car is supposed to feel like, but it requires a few hundred miles of driving first. Thats what I understood from forum posts and what happened for me. I also have a chalk 4s i took delivery of 2 weeks ago. I could tell regen braking started working cause the green regen bar on the dash was finally showing green when i hit the brakes.

Go2mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model X, Waiting on Taycan 4s chalk
Country flag
my brakes felt long too. On day 3 or 4 i was pushing the car pretty hard as I was in a rush and I was using the brakes hard. Towards the end of my drive i hit the brakes pretty hard one more time and regenerative breaking kicked in and I immediately noticed a difference. My regen breaking started when the odometer hit 184 miles + some hard braking. After that I have gotten used to the braking and the it doesnt feel as long. The brakes are designed to be bled in first before regen braking kicks in, and thats what the true braking of the car is supposed to feel like, but it requires a few hundred miles of driving first. Thats what I understood from forum posts and what happened for me. I also have a chalk 4s i took delivery of 2 weeks ago. I could tell regen braking started working cause the green regen bar on the dash was finally showing green when i hit the brakes.
Thanks for this. Can you point me to any forum posts where you found this? Did you also have the white PSCB?
I only had the car for 2 hours after delivery last week. I did not pay attention if regen bar was working but I definitely cycled through the regen settings. Can't say I felt any difference.

Either way I am confused because by definition regen braking is an initial slow down I should feel at first when I press the pedal (assuming mine has kicked in, it may not). I am looking for the feel of grabbing and slowing the car down hard. I am familiar with the ABS pulsating feel, that is not what I felt either, its just long. I think the kind of braking I am complaining about is hard brake braking. It did not feel right when I was initially showing off the car so speeding and braking hard. I am sure we will figure it out., after all, all I see is videos of people raving about the brakes.

I will post more on this once I get my car back. and also some pictures.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My GTS will be just over 18 months from order to delivery.
:CWL:
Well, just a few days to go - what are the key things I need to get my SA to show me on collection, and what can I work out for myself (and the on-line app etc)?!

Last edited:

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
Looks like all the stars aligned and we should pick up the car tomorrow or Saturday, depending PDI and scheduling.

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 70587326824__AD6BDEEB-A904-487C-B859-8847E94C44C4

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 70587329365__2F7B6931-619C-4636-8FFE-01BB5F0EEF88

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 70587327811__97A196F2-3419-44B1-9E07-9D30F72747EC

Still in the shipping height but they wanted to level 2 charge it overnight then finish the PDI tomorrow.

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 70588231464__B4F345EB-7573-4EAA-B09B-549050257073

solid_snake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for this. Can you point me to any forum posts where you found this? Did you also have the white PSCB?
I only had the car for 2 hours after delivery last week. I did not pay attention if regen bar was working but I definitely cycled through the regen settings. Can't say I felt any difference.

Either way I am confused because by definition regen braking is an initial slow down I should feel at first when I press the pedal (assuming mine has kicked in, it may not). I am looking for the feel of grabbing and slowing the car down hard. I am familiar with the ABS pulsating feel, that is not what I felt either, its just long. I think the kind of braking I am complaining about is hard brake braking. It did not feel right when I was initially showing off the car so speeding and braking hard. I am sure we will figure it out., after all, all I see is videos of people raving about the brakes.

I will post more on this once I get my car back. and also some pictures.
here is just two posts https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/let’s-talk-brakes-on-a-4s-standard-red-or-pscb.3029/post-134838

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...how-many-miles-until-it-starts-working.14107/

even when hard braking regen definitely contributes a lot. I can tell, the car feels much better at braking than it did during the first few days of driving. I had the same concern as you and felt much better once Regen started working

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
This is getting very old. Looks like my car is stuck in Jacksonville. After moving up a week to delivery on May 18th, it's now been bumped back to May 26th this morning :angry:. I almost wish TYD didn't exist. What a pain in the neck.

Anyone else stuck in Jacksonville for a few weeks? I'd happily fly down and drive back if they allowed it!