First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I see, thanks Dee.

What about the 22 kw AC adapter? Is it worth the price? I read that in Europe it can make the difference, as there are not many high voltage rechargers. The MY20 doesn't have it, while the MY21 has the option to install it. I wonder if not having it may turn out to be a problem on the long run. On an 11kw it will take forever to recharge the car, and I didn't see many high voltage options here in Copenhagen.
22kW charging is a waste of money and apparently unreliable thus far. Home charging is great at 11kW (7.4kW in reality in UK) for home charging. Essential you have 150kW DC onboard charging option than not. Most times you'll take advantage of the 50kW DC onboard charging capability than not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gab

gab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ MY21
Country flag
22kW charging is a waste of money and apparently unreliable thus far. Home charging is great at 11kW (7.4kW in reality in UK) for home charging. Essential you have 150kW DC onboard charging option than not. Most times you'll take advantage of the 50kW DC onboard charging capability than not.
Thanks w1nge. The fact that is unreliable is probably the worst part. Also, considering that the EON chargers in my garage are 11kw, I think that the standard AC would be enough.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Remember also that you won't get 11kW from any charger at home unless you have a 3 phase electrical supply and therefore will be limited to 7.4kW at 32A. Again, this is fine for overnight charging.

Deleted member 1697

you'd better wait for 2022 ...
it will be even more better

Deleted member 1697

22KW usefulness may vary between regions and over time ...
a few month ago, I was totally mad about the lack of 22KW
but in fact 11KW is too much overnight and too much at work
and... it happens there is some 50KW DC chargers popping like flowers in the street now ! and it's far enough during an hair cut (near Roland Garros tennis tournament courts)

Deleted member 1697

Porsche Taycan MY20 vs MY21 1615737757477

this charging station is 24KW DC ! for exemple
(f* rangerover parked is an usual situation)

OP
OP
gab

gab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ MY21
Country flag
Not to mention 2023 ...
I will do 2025 just to be sure :D

Anyways, today I was able to dig a bit more and the used one I have access to is actually a MY21, despite being from Dec 2020 (as someone mentioned above, MY21 models started to be delivered ~Nov 2020). This is great, as the car has almost all the options I wanted but, more importantly, is ready in 2 weeks instead of 6 months :D

I tested both an RWD+ and a 4S+, and the RWD is not for me while the 4S was a great experience. Good speed, very reactive and I was positively impressed by how precise it is. I am not used to drive these segment of cars, and it felt very good, despite the weight.

Looking forward for it!

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
I am Also Danish, and looking into purchasing a taycan.

here is my consideration regarding value.

this Sommer the ct4 will arrive with the 21 updates. This car seems to be so much better value than the 4s, if you look at the price, which is why have decided to wait until the autumn to buy a new ct4.

the basic ct4 is dk 874k, while the basic 4s is dk 1.050k. The ct4 has air suspension and the 93kw battery as standard as well as 4wd. Is has 55 less hp than the 4s, but if you can live with that, it’s seems a far better choice to wait And get a 2021 ct4 than an even more expensive 4s now from 2020.

hey, we could even join up, and order our cars as a bundle to negotiate a better deal for us With Porsche :).

OP
OP
gab

gab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ MY21
Country flag
hey, we could even join up, and order our cars as a bundle to negotiate a better deal for us With Porsche :).
My experience dealing with car dealers here is that it is very hard to get additional discount for cars that have an high demand. But if I decide to go for a CT, why not trying? :)

In general, I have evaluated the CT option but, apart from the impatience factor - that I know it shouldn't be a thing but I have learned to live with it :p - there is the fact that I prefer the look for the sedan. It is slightly less practical, and I agree with you that - especially the CT4 - is good value, but I want a car that feels sporty and after having tried the Taycan RWD I am not sure that the CT4 will give me that.

I will think about it anyway and ping you in case I change my mind :)

(Btw: I've been told that the CT is going to be at the Porsche Centre Sjælland by the first week of April)

AVLinGA

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2018 Panamara Hybrid
Country flag
Hello everyone,

new Taycan enthusiast here :)

I am struggling deciding if I should save a few $ and buy a MY20 (Dec), or wait until August for a new MY21.

The MY20 4S I have found at the dealer has almost everything that I need and is basically new (4.000 km), but the amount of money I can save is not huge (~7% ... this is how it works here in Denmark, unfortunately...). I am unsure if such an amount is enough to justify buying an "old" model...

I have done some research online but, apart from the 22 kw AC option, I couldn't find any other difference. Does anyone know more about the differences between the two models, and if buying last year's one may be not the ideal option? My plan is to resell it in 2-3 years, in case this matters.

Thanks!
IMHO there are a few things that have been updated or added in the US MY21, a 25 foot charger cable, mobile charger connect (the wifi connect), which make a 7% discount less appealing. Good luck.

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
Hello everyone,

new Taycan enthusiast here :)

I am struggling deciding if I should save a few $ and buy a MY20 (Dec), or wait until August for a new MY21.

The MY20 4S I have found at the dealer has almost everything that I need and is basically new (4.000 km), but the amount of money I can save is not huge (~7% ... this is how it works here in Denmark, unfortunately...). I am unsure if such an amount is enough to justify buying an "old" model...

I have done some research online but, apart from the 22 kw AC option, I couldn't find any other difference. Does anyone know more about the differences between the two models, and if buying last year's one may be not the ideal option? My plan is to resell it in 2-3 years, in case this matters.

Thanks!
The one feature that I have not heard is upgrading for MY20 which I have is wireless CarPlay. If that matters to you the MY21 might be a better option

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
The one feature that I have not heard is upgrading for MY20 which I have is wireless CarPlay. If that matters to you the MY21 might be a better option
Actually this is part of the new update being rolled out. And in the interim it is easy to get a $99 adapter that does the same. So not enough in my opinion.
Sponsored