First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So in short, they have placed the order and awaiting the exact allocation
Good luck to you @TomC . It's been a bit frustrating out here in California. I've sought a MY2021 Turbo S allocation from every dealer within a couple hundred miles - no joy. I've been led to understand that Turbo S allocations are made at the beginning of the MY then dry up to be replaced with the Turbo, and non-Turbo versions later in the model year making the Turbo S scarce.

Question: what's driving you to upgrade to the Turbo S?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Question: what's driving you to upgrade to the Turbo S?
Pure vanity. There is just something gnawing away at the tiny fragments of what was formally called my soul, by knowing I don't have the top-end version. My parsimonious wife was holding me back, but now she's fallen in love with the Turbo. Nothing can stop me! The conversations involving the phrase "reckless use of money" have dissipated and now there's just this unspoken acceptance that she married a lunatic.

Turbo: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMY9USY6

Turbo S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMZ2ZLH8

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
she married a lunatic.
Same here :) But she's just as anxious as I am for this car to finally make an appearance. Looking like 7 months or more still with all the parts shortages...

NICE CONFIG! Very stealthy color selection.

Here's mine: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMZN8WX4

It's interesting to compare standard versus non-standard options between countries. HomeLink (Garage Door Opener) is standard in the U.S. version but £203 option in the U.K.

I see you opted for the massage function (thus get the 14-way seats), but didn't have in your Turbo. Why did you choose massage–14-way for the S over the 18-way seats?

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Here's mine: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMZN8WX4

It's interesting to compare standard versus non-standard options between countries. HomeLink (Garage Door Opener) is standard in the U.S. version but £203 option in the U.K.

I see you opted for the massage function (thus get the 14-way seats), but didn't have in your Turbo. Why did you choose massage–14-way for the S over the 18-way seats?
Awesome spec - I’ve not seen someone go for those painted wheels on a red Taycan and I approve. Only thing I’d add is the HUD, as it really is useful.

I too have found it very interesting how Porsche adjust to different markets. I believe ALK is free here, whereas it’s a charged extra in the US. Then you have the different colour names just to confuse us all, notably on the interiors, but even exterior like chalk vs crayon.

I didn’t see the point in the massage seats during the Turbo build and was conscious of the budget, as I managed to go £30k over what I originally used to justify not getting a Tesla Model S, but people on here speak very favourably about them. This is my YOLO build - I have ignored budget and gone for everything I want, even if I assume I’ll use the passenger screen for 5 seconds and then never bother again. I see you’ve gone for the Sports Design, but whilst I really prefer the rear, I don’t like the look at the front. The only thing I’m torn on is painting the mirrors or getting carbon fibre - I‘ve yet to see it in the flesh to know what to do.

The Sport Seats are, well, too sporty for our liking; they almost pinch the kidneys. This is a family vehicle and our 3 month old daughter is almost always in it, so we’re not really driving it the way others on this forum would (notable exception: when my Dad and I go out bonding, AKA launch controlling it, which we’ll be doing again tomorrow).

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
...a wish list...
Most of your (excellent) ideas require only minor software changes. In house software engineers would do those in their spare time on Friday afternoon, when there's not enough time to start something new. But Porsche software development is apparently done by external contractors, so even those things would get billed. Therefore, we will never see them. That's why it is better to have in house developers dedicated to their company.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’d add is the HUD
I'm with you on the HUD. In the U.S., we get a "Technology Package" that includes a few bits:

Porsche Taycan MY2022 wish list 1619886503232

I'm with you on the YOLO build. 18 years of kids in private school has kept me in a different car choice category if you know what I mean - this one's for me :CWL:.

Re fiber mirrors, the fiber mirrors would go great with your wheel and body color choice. I had them in an earlier spec with a Volcanic Grey metalic body. Really looked sharp IRL at the dealer. But with my final Carmine Red - Gloss Black combo config, the fiber didn't quite fit.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
I am very happy with MY21 so far.
Like with all electric vehicles the biggest weak spot is the battery.
However, 2 things better than I thought – no overheating yet and range quite good

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I am very happy with MY21 so far.
Like with all electric vehicles the biggest weak spot is the battery.
However, 2 things better than I thought – no overheating yet and range quite good
Yes! Next level solid state battery with about net 120kWh would be excellent!

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I’d like to see a 10 sec overboost button on the sport chrono dial.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’d like to see a 10 sec overboost button on the sport chrono dial.
I would prefer the car AUTOMATICALLY does a maximum 10 second overboost ANY time
you use the accelerator pedal aggressively! Why bother with pushing a button?
This feature would take maybe 5 lines of software code if their design is done well.
(Check battery temperature, check PSM, etc, then full juice to the motors!!!!)

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
A Hyundai-EV-style 12V battery reset switch.

1620602785569.png
I prefer they fix the 12v problem! No idea why with 800V and 93kWh they can't boost the
12V off the main batteries when required!

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
My wish list:
1. Fix 12 V issue
2. Fix main battery dying issue
3. Fix "Car stops itself on the freeway" issue

The rest is irrelevant. I was hoping to order a '22 but the issues are still not fixed.
Sponsored