Share your stories of attention

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I would partner with gas stations....convenience food/drinks, people know the location allows the gas station to future proof their business and allows ICE owners to see more EV's and help adoption to know that your commuting habits will not have to be disrupted.
......but that is just me.
do you mean like shell is doing with greenlots?
and regional chains like wawa and sheetz is doing with both tesla and EA respectively?

the expansion will come, the big build out will happen once EVs grow from it's niche status, maybe it will take until more that 20-30% of the cars on the road are EVs.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
agreed some of those mall superchargers can add a lot of time to the charge stop because they are tough to locate. you need to call the satellite map up in the screen, scroll to max to locate them
Less about finding them for me, and usually about traffic and/or ICEing.

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
The Dentist
I saw the dentist for a check-up (all good!) and then went to the hygienist for a “clean and polish”. Halfway through and the dentist bursts in to ask if that’s my Taycan outside … not the easiest time to chat …

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
The car gets a lot of the usual stares although it is often the sound that throws people off. They hear the sound, and they have this stunned look on their face because they cannot imagine a Porsche being electric.

My favorite story though is a bit different. I use my Taycan a lot in the winter, particularly for skiing. On one occasion it had snowed 18+ inches, and I had to drive up almost 20 miles of switchbacks to get to the mountain where we were skiing. The plows had been out a few times, but they just couldn't keep up. At the time I was driving up to the mountain, there was a good 4 to 6 inches of loose snow on most of the road. It was definitely pretty sketchy driving conditions. A number of SUVs and trucks were stuck on the side of the road or even in the middle of the road, sometimes at a 90 degree angle to the road where they had skidded to a stop. The Taycan (with winter tires) was rock solid through the whole drive. People were stunned to see a Porsche going up the mountain without drama, especially those folks who had spun out or were stuck.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Less about finding them for me, and usually about traffic and/or ICEing.
a lot of people complain about icing, I have only encountered severe icing once at a tesla charger in hamilton NJ where tesla located the chargers in the front parking rows of a mall.

here in FLA there is a law in place that allows for ticketing and towing of cars that block chargers.
people should be advocating for similar laws wherever they live.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Yesterday while cruising down Serrano street in Madrid (akin to Madison Avenue premium commercial area), I lowered my front windows as the weather was perfect (I cannot open the roof for the first time in my car since 1986 :headbang:) we noticed that half the people on the crowded street were not only aghast from admiring our car, but it was the center of their conversations !

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
We’re out to eat today, seated next to a window with a great view of our car and a Tesla (model 3?) pulled up and parked next to our car. The family got out and started taking pictures of our car, circling it to make sure they got every angle.

They’re seated two booths behind us now. My wife said I should go ask if they want pictures with the owner. 🤣

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I definitely have not received as much attention as the rest of you here! Gotten a couple of thumb-ups, but that's about it.

I do live in Vancouver and there is a certain amount of "nice car fatigue" here.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Def gets lots of attention although right now by a very talented painter I hope!

Your rejuvenation of this thread reminded me of a prev post which still makes me smile when I recall the moment: #7 (linking rather than duplicating that post :))

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I first got the car 2 years ago, it got tons of attention. If not every day, at least every two or three days someone would want to talk to me about the car. Now it’s every month or two. I’m not sure why…

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Almost too many to count, but yesterday was in a fast food drive-thru & the window employee says “are you familiar with the Tik-Tok Guy who goes up to people in nice cars and asks what they do for a living?” To which I reply “yes,” & then he proceeds to ask me what I do for a living. He then says “there’s Porsche’s, and then there’s Porsche Porsche’s, you have a Porsche Porsche.”

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I know not everyone likes attention with their car, but I do and I thought I’d share some recent stories.

Share yours as well.

The Photoshoot ?

Today, we went to a park. We parked in a parking lot in one area and then walked to a nearby playground out of sight of the car. We came back around 30 minutes later to find someone doing a full on photoshoot with the car. Big camera, laying on the ground, all the angles. Looked like he was originally there to shoot a Birthday party and then wandered off to our car (mid-party).

We just walked to another playground in sight of the car for a while and watched him. This went on for around 10 minutes after we showed up. I don’t know how long he had been there before. I hope he got some good ones.

The Takeout ?

There’s a local Vietnamese restaurant we’ve been frequenting for around 8 years. The first time I took the Taycan there for takeout, the owner saw it and had to come out to look at it. The closest he’s come to walking outside to look at my previous cars was running out to hand me something I left inside when we used to dine indoors pre-Covid.

The Stalker ?

A few weeks ago, my wife took our 6-yr old to a park to play (different park than earlier…we have a lot of parks…). A yellow Charger passing by on the main street suddenly whipped into he parking lot, rolled down his window, and yelled “Nice Car!”

“Thanks,” my wife replied.

“Didn’t you used to have a black one?”

?

My wife’s old car…
AA986600-6C5F-45E5-8391-9DFBF24178AB.jpeg

“Uh…yeah…”, my wife replied.

“Cool, the new one sounds like a spaceship!”

And off he drove.

Our car was parked and off when he remarked on it’s sound…

Dun-dun-dunnnnnn…
I think my best was 2 years ago when my 4S was new. I was taking my brother to collect his new Model 3. The sales staff came out to look at it. Then on leaving there was about 10 staff watching me leave. Naturally, I has Sport Plus sound on. . . .

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I definitely have not received as much attention as the rest of you here! Gotten a couple of thumb-ups, but that's about it.

I do live in Vancouver and there is a certain amount of "nice car fatigue" here.
Being in Vancouver too, I agree, there are too many fancy cars here for the Taycan to get too much Attention. But did experience a few times.
Sponsored