Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I really don’t get this rwd thing. 4S in the uk... we don’t have dry roads like Cali. I’d never buy a car without 4wd as a daily drive.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
From what I understand, the RWD doesn't get that tail happy, but the handling into corners is good.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Imperative to view Frozen Blue in the daylight before committing. I'm sure its one of the least popular colours in UK for what will be obvious reasons when you see it. Configurator rendition does not come close to reality.

Also check the red / black interior - not a fan (too bright in real life and not as subdued as you might prefer).

360 view parking is a must (not the 3D option).

Bose hifi - worth every penny.

Longest charging cable (its free).

Do you need rear seat heating (front is normally standard but not clear from the configurator so you need to check the standard spec (bottom of the screen)?

Matrix lights are pricey but if you drive at night, country roads etc they are worthy of consideration.

Sports Chrono on a base Taycan is also worth further thought unless you particularly want / need it. Jury is out on the placement of the clock on the dash (I'm not a fan as you can tell). and can create a reflection on the screen.

Enjoy!

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Here's my near final build spec: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PMNYX6L4

I need to view the Frozen Blue Metallic in real life before making a call.

I bit the bullet to go with the red leather interior and matching seatbelts. Anything I should shave off (or add)?

Frozen Blue + Red.jpeg

Frozen Blue Red Front.jpeg
My dealer had told me that if when wanted to sell my car , Frozen Blue will be one of the last colours they will look to buy.
So please consider resale value.
Thanks.

RWDGen

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Here's my near final build spec: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PMNYX6L4

I need to view the Frozen Blue Metallic in real life before making a call.

I bit the bullet to go with the red leather interior and matching seatbelts. Anything I should shave off (or add)?

Frozen Blue + Red.jpeg

Frozen Blue Red Front.jpeg
I'd get rid of the red seat belts with the red seats, not sure if they're exactly the same colour but the black belts will be a nice contrast.

I'd look to add in Sports Chrono, the ease of changing driving modes is brilliant plus Sports Plus Mode! * EDIT - Sorry you have it! My mistake.

It shows black window surround in the pictures but will they be? I thought standard was silver, if not I'd go for that option.

Sports sound?

And lastly the colour, its you choice and your car, if you really like it then go for it! However it's not to my taste, the silver (Dolomite?) with the red interior (same as the Turbo S Chris Harris drove on Top Gear last year) would be my choice with your spec.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'd get rid of the red seat belts with the red seats, not sure if they're exactly the same colour but the black belts will be a nice contrast.

I'd look to add in Sports Chrono, the ease of changing driving modes is brilliant plus Sports Plus Mode! * EDIT - Sorry you have it! My mistake.

It shows black window surround in the pictures but will they be? I thought standard was silver, if not I'd go for that option.

Sports sound?

And lastly the colour, its you choice and your car, if you really like it then go for it! However it's not to my taste, the silver (Dolomite?) with the red interior (same as the Turbo S Chris Harris drove on Top Gear last year) would be my choice with your spec.

Black windows surround is standard (not gloss black which is extra) on Taycan. Black door sill plates are standard too.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Good luck as you won't get a deal!

RAS - the wheels turn a few degrees. It helps but more to do with high speed stability. Hard to judge if it would help with your predicament.
RAS I find is extremely useful in low speed for U-turns, parking, etc. I love it with every single corner I drive, because it requires less steering and make the car super nimble. It is by far the best option one can spec for city driving!

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback.

Who knew Frozen Blue was so polarising ?

I want high resale value, so I'll check the Frozen Blue in real life. Gulf Racing colours look great in the Californian sun. Other colours on my list include Crayon, Ice Grey, Jet Black, Carrara White, Dolomite Silver, Mamba Green and Gentian Blue.

I'll check the Surround View parking during the test drive. If anyone has any videos of this in action (or can describe the feature), please post. Configurator description for ParkAssist with Surround View:

As ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera, but also featuring a 360° surround view generated from the images of four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when manoeuvring. A junction view (from front and rear of vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the screen of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Including mirror lighting
Rear heating is for my passengers, including my parents.

Sports Chrono doesn't come with the clock. Rather, it enables Sports Plus and Individual modes (not available as standard on the RWD), and the driving mode dial on the steering wheel. I'll happily drop this if Sports Plus is not worth it. Clock is a separate option in the configurator.

Red or light interiors run in my family for an open cockpit feel. Red seat belts are Bordeaux Red, same colour as the interior. I could drop the red seat belts for the Bose.

I prefer the black window surrounds over the silver.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The roof brings the interior alive - most people will expect to have it - otherwise is will be dark. It’s a great option and helps sound proofing. Add a lux feel overall and enables the optional roof rack to be fitted (not possible with the tin roof).
Unless you live in a hot climate! After having the car parked in the sun for a few hours, the cabin overheats and the AC cannot even cool down the cabin the first 5 min.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback.

Who knew Frozen Blue was so polarising ?

I want high resale value, so I'll check the Frozen Blue in real life. Gulf Racing colours look great in the Californian sun. Other colours on my list include Crayon, Ice Grey, Jet Black, Carrara White, Dolomite Silver, Mamba Green and Gentian Blue.

I'll check the Surround View parking during the test drive. If anyone has any videos of this in action (or can describe the feature), please post. Configurator description for ParkAssist with Surround View:

Rear heating is for my passengers, including my parents.

Sports Chrono doesn't come with the clock. Rather, it enables Sports Plus and Individual modes (not available as standard on the RWD), and the driving mode dial on the steering wheel. I'll happily drop this if Sports Plus is not worth it. Clock is a separate option in the configurator.

Red or light interiors run in my family for an open cockpit feel. Red seat belts are Bordeaux Red, same colour as the interior. I could drop the red seat belts for the Bose.

I prefer the black window surrounds over the silver.
Sports chrono does come with a clock (chrono - hence the name) which can be substituted for a compass.

Sports Plus, Launch Control etc are all present without Sports Chrono. There is a separate Sport button on the central display (all Taycans have this) and since you've added Air Suspension (with PASM) you will have control of the shock absorbers to set Sport Plus as needed. I'd advise different if this was a Turbo / Turbo S as these are quite different beasts aimed at purists / enthusiasts.

Nice option to have but not essential on the Taycan which is considerably less powerful than the 4S and above.

What you don't get is a thumb wheel attached to the steering wheel or Individual mode but in reality you won't use it that often

Surround view - any car with the feature (Porsche or otherwise) the advantages are obvious. Helps with kerbside parking, separate control for side view, panoramic birds eye view, front view or rear view. Google it and you'll find plenty videos to demonstrate.

Red interior is just too red (it isn't like a dark Bordeaux) - treat anything you view on the configurator with caution. Red is difficult to render (just look at pictures of the Carmine Red car - looks bright red in photos but not in real life). The dealer will have colour swatches of the materials used which will help and will have a red interiored something in stock to use as comparison if not an actual Taycan.

Frozen Blue is not Gulf Blue or anything like.

Window surrounds - matt black by default. If you want black go gloss black as that's what other folks would choose over silver.

All personal choices but if concerned about resale then you need to tread carefully with Porsches.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
If Sports Plus can be activated through the dashboard, then I can safely drop the Sports Chrono, and spend that money on the Bose speakers and Surround View parking. Standard spec description on the configurator is vague at best.

I've seen the Bordeaux Red interior in real life, and it looks good to me.

Unless you live in a hot climate! After having the car parked in the sun for a few hours, the cabin overheats and the AC cannot even cool down the cabin the first 5 min.
UK has a cool climate, except for the occasional heatwave, like 2020 ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If Sports Plus can be activated through the dashboard, then I can safely drop the Sports Chrono, and spend that money on the Bose speakers and Surround View parking. Standard spec description on the configurator is vague at best.

I've seen the Bordeaux Red interior in real life, and it looks good to me.

UK has a cool climate, except for the occasional heatwave, like 2020 ?
Sports Plus activation of PASM only. Sport Plus on the Sports Chrono throws in a few other tricks so check you understand the subtleties here. If you think it is related to Launch Control then think again as it isn't - that's available via the Sport button (or setting on the wheel). Be mindful that your dealer is a sales person at heart and so may want to push options as 'must haves'. Try it all out before you buy.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Looks like I can ditch Sports Chrono then. Launch Control is available in Sports mode. Thanks!

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I finally test drove both the RWD and 4S, you can read my thoughts here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/rwd-driving-experience.4396/post-64054

After the test drive, I'm still going with the RWD; it's plenty quick for me, comes into my budget and delivery timeline. 4S is takes it to the next level as expected, but I still get a great experience with the RWD.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM7K3VP8

Based on the test drive, I dropped:
  • Rear Axle Steering: RWD turning and handling capability is satisfies what I need, and instead just went with Power Steering Plus (not sure if I even need this)
  • 21-inch Exclusive Design Wheels: 20-inch Turbo Aero looks good, whilst improving range and ride

Just need to finish up on exterior colour choice. Dolomite Silver, or Jet Black Metallic (or, Frozen Berry for its uniqueness, but then go with a black interior).
Sponsored