TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that after WMA5 update the "steering wheel" icon is no longer present when you use these modes? Mine worked and looked fine pre-update, now the assist functions don't work as well and the icon is gone (just shows the lane lines).

Porsche Taycan Taycan software update - reported problems post update 1619020067537
Sponsored

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Not sure. Taking the car back to dealer this week.
My car went back today. Both problems ( Active Lane Keeping disappeared and vibration) solved. Vibration by balancing the wheels

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that after WMA5 update the "steering wheel" icon is no longer present when you use these modes? Mine worked and looked fine pre-update, now the assist functions don't work as well and the icon is gone (just shows the lane lines).

1619020067537.png
I had the same problem. They probably forgot to the mark the check box active lane keeping assist (as it has become a FoD) when they installed the software. My car went back today and they had to reinstall the software. It took 2 hours to solve.

Reactions: Dee

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car was supposed to get updated tomorrow, and my dealer just called me to cancel the appointment. They said that the updates were withdrawn by Porsche because it is bricking cars. So is this true after all?
Not sure if they hve withdrawn all updates but it seems Porsche have a problem with MY20. My car has been in for SW updates for ten days now and they still can not get the SW into the car. They have changed the OTA module, the Gateway computer and checked all connections. Now waiting for a new OBD port???? The car just does not respond at all.
I do not know if it is drivable or bricked, but Porsche would not deliver the car back to me now. They hope to have the parts in the next few days. I have a nice loaner vut start to miss my Taycan. This is the second time an update takes so much longer that planned. I have no idea what really is going on?

I guess it can be a combination of issues,
  • Process related to the update
  • Software related to update.
  • Software issue in car
  • Dealer system or hardware related
  • Hardware incompatibility
  • Hardware faults
  • Training of Staff related.
I am a bit disappointed now since I have had problems with the connection to the car since January and been promised this update would solve all issues.

I am going to request a free 1 year extension of the warranty since the car never had the features promised at delivery, ie app related, wireless CarPlay and a few others.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car went back today. Both problems ( Active Lane Keeping disappeared and vibration) solved. Vibration by balancing the wheels
How can vibration in the wheels have been related to the sw update?? Sounds a very suspect excuse?

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I too have a problem with sport chrono clock and some recalibration of the steering wheel...The service director was working on the car today (it's been there since Tuesday afternoon) saying it's been the last part of the update that went wrong and gives error code regarding the chrono clock...
According to him the car is drivable but I prefer to wait until monday so they can retry to install the last part of the update. Weird stuff still...
I'll keep you posted.
Got the car back today after a week (718 cayman S loaner was fun but almost too loud now that i'm used to EV...).
They seem to have had problem with the stopwatch during the update and needed to perfom a couple of time a part of the update called K4M2S and K4M3S.

They didn't ''break'' anything in the end and today everything to me seemed functionnal including the stopwatch. I too was in private mode and got to set up a few things in my profile including plugging the usb-c cable in order to activate the Apple Carplay which now works wireless!! Thank you guys in the forum for the explanation!

Let's hope it stays taht way because I really missed the car during last week, it's such a perfect daily driver sports car!!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well all I can say is that as of Monday my dealer was still doing updates, they had more cars coming in. And of all the ones they had done none had any issues that were more than restarting a sequence of updates.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had an interesting experience, post update when I first tried to turn on Innodrive I simply got lane keep assist, the menu did not pop up to let me select mode. After I turned it off and back on then usual options that I am used to appeared and the Innodrive was back.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How can vibration in the wheels have been related to the sw update?? Sounds a very suspect excuse?
Maybe it was a coincidence. That it was not related to rhe software update but that I only noted it after the update.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe it was a coincidence. That it was not related to rhe software update but that I only noted it after the update.
Maybe after the fifth time the software crashed right before the end of a long sequence the tech just started kicking the tire out of frustration.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
my car has been @ the dealer for about 2+ weeks now. have a nice loaner macan .
spent about $350 in gasoline so far commuting. I usually spend zero . Im worndering if this "mandatory update " they talk about is really a recall in disguise. either way, really happy t with porsche service , and really looking forward to the Electric Macan.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's been a few weeks since I got the car back and I have had ZERO issues with the update. The two noticeable additions are the wireless car play (which is really nice) and the ambient lighting that changes with album cover art. Other than that, no noticeable differences and everything works perfect (for now).

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
My car was supposed to get updated tomorrow, and my dealer just called me to cancel the appointment. They said that the updates were withdrawn by Porsche because it is bricking cars. So is this true after all?
Its possible, I would not be surprised. My car, 2020, was in for an update on 4/12. Service guy would not provide me updates until I found the service manager and then I find that PCM was bricked and new one ordered from Germany. Expect at least 2 more weeks with car in shop, but I think I will be lucky if I get in 3 weeks and they don't brick something else.

This will be my last Porsche. I never had new car be in shop this long. Yes, I've loaner, but if I wanted to drive Macan I would have bought one. As it is I am paying for Taycan and driving Macan. Crazy. Will not repeat this mistake again.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Its possible, I would not be surprised. My car, 2020, was in for an update on 4/12. Service guy would not provide me updates until I found the service manager and then I find that PCM was bricked and new one ordered from Germany. Expect at least 2 more weeks with car in shop, but I think I will be lucky if I get in 3 weeks and they don't brick something else.

This will be my last Porsche. I never had new car be in shop this long. Yes, I've loaner, but if I wanted to drive Macan I would have bought one. As it is I am paying for Taycan and driving Macan. Crazy. Will not repeat this mistake again.
I think you will be lucky if the car is at the dealer for more than 4 weeks so you can use the lemon law and request a new replacement car.

My previous Porsche (Macan S) has been at the dealer for 30+ days, 5 visits for oil leaks under warranty but I still made the mistake and bought another Porsche because no other car drives like a Porsche :)

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
I think you will be lucky if the car is at the dealer for more than 4 weeks so you can use the lemon law and request a new replacement car.
I hope not. That would be huge PITA.
Sponsored