Taycan software update - reported problems post update

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Still nothing here. Car at dealer for update since 4th of May. I have now threatened with litigation.

Dealer says they received aporoval from Germany to replace the entire PCM/OTA/... Hardware pieces. But these are on backorder in Germany. No date available. ? ? ? ?

If this continues untill July 4th, my car will have been at the dealer for over 1/3 of the time I own it.
Bummer! No screw-up on the dealer side? My PCM CU replacement was approved, parts were shipped (not from Germany), and replaced in the car all within 8 days...
Sponsored

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It seems the smoking gun for a failed OTA module is if your details on the Porsche website (state of charge, mileage) haven't been updated for several days. If your car details are correct, it's something else with your My Porsche account or your car.
Correct. The two times my OTA module failed and had to be replaced the website but also the app showed the last connection date days ago.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I also had the "All wheel drive error" , in the middle of a launch, maybe 2 seconds in.
Yes the limp home mode is unacceptable! I was lucky, on a street in my neighborhood.
Imagine being on a real road or the freeway! I took it in to the dealer, they checked it out.
Found the error in the log (cleared it of course). They did some sort of wheel calibration, but
did not say that would fix the problem. They said Porsche told them "for this error the owner
does not need to get the car worked on". At a minimum if our cars are going to purposefully
make themselves dead they should automatically turn on the hazard and all the front lights!
I consider this a serious safety issue.
Did this issue ever recur for you? How was it left in the end? I experienced the same problem after a launch yesterday and to be honest it was a little scary.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I took it in the dealer said Porsche said there "wasn't a problem, so don't worry". The dealer re-calibrated the system, it didn't sound like anyone thought that was a solution. Honestly I have not tested this after they worked on it. I doubt it is fixed. I suspect the software and hardware have limits set to "low". Some sensors note something so the software puts the car into limp mode rather than possibly create a hardware problem that Porsche has to fix for free. This is a safety issue.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's been like 2 months and I haven't had any NEW issues at all after update. Wireless apple car play and Spotify / phone is still annoying and glitchy, but that's been a chronic thing. All the rest is working well

JayTaycan

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Still several issue with PCM. Apple play no longer works and Sirius takes forever to start. It also shows the software is always updating

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
10 weeks now my car is at dealer (over 1/3 of the period I have "owned" the car). OTA module replaced, still nothing. Car won't go into "privacy mode" to accept the upgrade. Porsche Germany now investigating PCM or Porsche ID issues in the Porsche cloud (or so I'm told).

After having threatened to stop payments to Porsche Leasing they are now upgrading my loaner from a Macan to a Taycan. At least I'm rid of that dreaded car, what a poor excuse for a Porsche that is.

How I'm ever going to be able to have any faith in my car when I eventually get it back is a mistery to me. Found myself looking at one of those bloody Plaids on the Tesla website for god's sake. How low can you go? There just isn't any other EV that even comes close to the Taycan, so looks like sticking in there and holding out is only decent option. Maybe luckely for me or I'd probably have been looking at offers already... ? ?

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
10 weeks now my car is at dealer (over 1/3 of the period I have "owned" the car). OTA module replaced, still nothing. Car won't go into "privacy mode" to accept the upgrade.

After having threatened to stop payments to Porsche Leasing they are now upgrading my loaner from a Macan to a Taycan. At least I'm rid of that dreaded car, what a poor excuse for a Porsche that is.

How I'm ever going to be able to have any faith in my car when I eventually get it back is a mistery to me. Found myself looking at one of those bloody Plaids on the Tesla website for god's sake. How low can you go? There just isn't any other EV that even comes close to the Taycan, so looks like sticking in tjere and holding out is only decent option. Maybe luckely for me or I'd probably have been looking at offers already... ? ?
Once you've driven a real EV (in other words Taycan), there is no going back to an ICE, even if it's a Porsche. I had the same with a Cayenne Turbo loaner, couldn't wait to get my Taycan back.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Once you've driven a real EV (in other words Taycan), there is no going back to an ICE, even if it's a Porsche. I had the same with a Cayenne Turbo loaner, couldn't wait to get my Taycan back.
Not sure if a 911 wouldn't do the trick! ??

But a Macan is a shit car, just buy a decent BMW x3, by far the better car but without a Porsche badge.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not sure if a 911 wouldn't do the trick! ??

But a Macan is a shit car, just buy a decent BMW x3, by far the better car but without a Porsche badge.
My Macan GTS has been my favorite car...to date.

Reactions: Dee

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Found myself looking at one of those bloody Plaids on the Tesla website for god's sake. How low can you go? There just isn't any other EV that even comes close to the Taycan, so looks like sticking in there and holding out is only decent option. Maybe luckely for me or I'd probably have been looking at offers already... ? ?
The Ford e-Mach GT might be a pleasant surprise. Ford as a brand does not have the appeal of Porsche but I am hearing good things about the car and I look fwd to test drive it. I am not sure if it is available in your country but if it is you should check it out.

Last edited:

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got a call feom the dealer. Car shoulf be ok. I can pick it up tomorrow after exactly 3 MONTHS at the dealer for the update. Surreal.

I'm arming myself to the teeth with info from this forum before picking up the car tomorrow. I'm checking absolutely everything before accepting the car back. ????

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got a call feom the dealer. Car shoulf be ok. I can pick it up tomorrow after exactly 3 MONTHS at the dealer for the update. Surreal.

I'm arming myself to the teeth with info from this forum before picking up the car tomorrow. I'm checking absolutely everything before accepting the car back. ????
Call them today and ask them to make a print-out of the complete PQIS(Porsche Quality Information System) history of your car. Ask them to prepare an explanation of all important events on this print-out.

If you have a list of all complaints, ask the service advisor to accompany you with the test drive, to be taken tomorrow before accepting the car, and validate with him/her that all complaints are solved.
Sponsored