UK order status and delays?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks, appreciate the recommendations.

I also remembered after the fact, I previously used (many moons ago), Cambridge Autogleam when they were mobile based. They’re now Gtechiq accredited. Although looks like they send PPF jobs to an associate company.

move not used topaz et al myself but have patients who have and the job looks superb!

we Purchased our CT from Silverstone and had our ppf and ceramic coating done byAutowaxworks. My GTS that should be here shortly (16th dec - apparently the date it will arrive at dealership) is also going to be done with autowaxworks
Sponsored

Abuson95

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Lovely car @Abuson95 !!

Noticed the Gtechniq flyer hanging off the mirror, did East London arrange that before delivery for you?

Who was your SA? Mine is Gerry.
Thanks Simcity.
They arranged that for me + Dashcam before collection.
My guys were Roger and Jonathan

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I’ve done my own Getchniq 5 year ceramic treatment on my wife’s car when bought new and it wasn’t very hard providing you can garage the car, add a couple of powerful lights around and have had some experience at detailing before.

I think the biggest difficulty is prepping the paintwork if you do it on a used car, but on new paint, it’s not complicated, just a bit long.

Was my first ceramic and 2 years on, it’s still holding strong, massive difference with the other non-treated car I have.
Used Crystal Serum Light + Exo V4 on top, + all Gtechniq prep stuff (ZeroR MF, Panel Wipe etc) and it was like £150 of products. It’s compliant enough so if you mess it up and leave high points / streaks, this prosumer range polishes out (unlike professional range).

Definitely will have a go on the CT, but it’s a big car, so just need to avoid spilling half the bottle on the floor like last time 🙈

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My order has now progressed to Stage 3 - “scheduled for production” on the MyPorsche app.
:like:
I spoke to my dealer this morning, ‘interestingly’ (as far as they are concerned), the car is not yet scheduled for production, as they have not yet received confirmation.

I’m unclear if the app is correct and the message hasn’t got to the dealer yet or (more likely) the app is providing false hope…

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
My order also switched to Phase 3 a couple of days ago. I also phone up my SA to enquire about production dates etc. The freeze date has come forward a couple of days but the enter/exit production and delivery dates remain as before, so I think it’s just the back end servers having a laugh.

Last edited:

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer this morning, ‘interestingly’ (as far as they are concerned), the car is not yet scheduled for production, as they have not yet received confirmation.

I’m unclear if the app is correct and the message hasn’t got to the dealer yet or (more likely) the app is providing false hope…
Mine too progressed to phase 3 (this morning). I'm going to sit tight and wait to hear from the dealer. Either way I guess it's progress of some form or another and promising for early March (23).

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just heard today that my car is on the vessel but they didn’t tell me which one so I can’t track it but progress is progress :)
I am sure one of the 'maritime experts' on here will know which one it's on.

Would you also be keen to know gross tonnage / flag of convenience / days in Port / thickness of steel / plimsol line limits / captains wife's bra size / Sea state?

We've likely got all the info on here.
😁

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Ha when I emailed the SA back to ask which vessel it was on I did also say I bet they hate forums that tell us about all this bits to ask about 😆 no reply yet!

Str0nArm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just got told mine is at Emden waiting for a vessel. Was told this is just Fridays at the moment and it will come into Sheerness hopefully on Saturday.

harrybhudia

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid - Taycan 4s ST (on order)
Country flag
Mine arrived on the Danube this morning.... any idea how long it stays at port before onward transport to the dealer?
Sponsored