MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
So, email received from Porsche Cars Great Britain - order has been processed and accepted - Stage One.

What are peoples timescales from here on in to delivery?
Stage 1 (Order) - 27 June 2022

Stage 5 (Delivery) - 13 January 2023 (or it would have been but I've delayed it to next month)
Sponsored

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
I have a 4S ST on order, placed Feb 22. I was advised car was at Emden late December , my dealer advised that it arrived in Sheerness 28th Dec, but since then I have no news. He did say it may be on the Transporter Wednesday but now he can’t give me a date, I have complained to Porsche Uk but had no response. I don’t mind the fact that the car has taken so long, I am just frustrated by the number of false promises. I feel the service has been poor, I am just waiting for the next update: What should have been a great experience has been lost.
I’m in the same situation with basically identical dates. It seems quite a few cars that came over at the end of December haven’t made it to the dealerships. Maybe they bought more than usual over or something else is holding them up but I genuinely don’t think the dealers have been told what the problem is. I can only collect my car between the 1st and the 15th of the month (due to it being a company lease car, and thus it effects the payroll process), so I’ll need to wait until the 1st of next month to pick it up now 🙁

korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I’m in the same situation with basically identical dates. It seems quite a few cars that came over at the end of December haven’t made it to the dealerships. Maybe they bought more than usual over or something else is holding them up but I genuinely don’t think the dealers have been told what the problem is. I can only collect my car between the 1st and the 15th of the month (due to it being a company lease car, and thus it effects the payroll process), so I’ll need to wait until the 1st of next month to pick it up now 🙁
I am also in the same situation. My CT4S arrived at Sheerness on 30th December (the OPC has sent me a screen shot to evidence this). Still no news. Frustrating to say the least, but pretty sure the dealer can‘t do too much more.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I am also in the same situation. My CT4S arrived at Sheerness on 30th December (the OPC has sent me a screen shot to evidence this). Still no news. Frustrating to say the least, but pretty sure the dealer can‘t do too much more.
Which OPC Robbie?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Silverstone

Ah so Sytner, do they do the pdi at Silverstone or have it done by Porsche at Sheerness?
The PRG outlets do the pdi at Sheerness and it was taking about 10 days in December due to the volume of cars arriving before the year end

korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Ah so Sytner, do they do the pdi at Silverstone or have it done by Porsche at Sheerness?
The PRG outlets do the pdi at Sheerness and it was taking about 10 days in December due to the volume of cars arriving before the year end
Not sure. I’ve just pinged a message to my SA to see if he knows. It’s a good point. I’ll post on here with the answer. And do you know if Porsche UK are in control of the transportation or would Sytner (for example) arrange the transporter to the dealer?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Not sure. I’ve just pinged a message to my SA to see if he knows. It’s a good point. I’ll post on here with the answer. And do you know if Porsche UK are in control of the transportation or would Sytner (for example) arrange the transporter to the dealer?
To the best of my knowledge, transporters are under the direction of Porsche Cars GB. Not the dealers. At least they weren’t for Jardine’s. So presume Sytner’s the same.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag

Not sure on transport. I got mine through PRG Reading and even they didn't have any information on delivery date from Sheerness until pdi was complete and then they seemed to get good comms from Sheerness with updates saying due in Reading on Friday night... then Saturday afternoon etc and Reading were good at getting it handed over quickly on Tuesday but Sheerness had prepared it including number plates so Reading just had to wash and apply the free Swissvax fit free all weather mats and boot liner etc. The mobile charger didn't arrive at Reading for another couple of days so had to go back and collect that

korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Not sure on transport. I got mine through PRG Reading and even they didn't have any information on delivery date from Sheerness until pdi was complete and then they seemed to get good comms from Sheerness with updates saying due in Reading on Friday night... then Saturday afternoon etc and Reading were good at getting it handed over quickly on Tuesday but Sheerness had prepared it including number plates so Reading just had to wash and apply the free Swissvax fit free all weather mats and boot liner etc. The mobile charger didn't arrive at Reading for another couple of days so had to go back and collect that
Thanks. Although frustrating, I am fairly relaxed about it. I placed the order in late May 2022, expecting delivery sometime 3Q23. Then got bumped into a cancellation so should be taking delivery at least 6 months ahead of original schedule!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Thanks. Although frustrating, I am fairly relaxed about it. I placed the order in late May 2022, expecting delivery sometime 3Q23. Then got bumped into a cancellation so should be taking delivery at least 6 months ahead of original schedule!

Excellent!! Mine was quick too, ordered June 9th delivered December 13th 👍

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Is anyone still waiting longer than me? My order by Zenith(companys preferred lease) main dealer is Cambridge. placed 19Nov 2021(yes you read right) for a CT4S still ongoing and delayed now until estimated date of 05may2023. I am on the cusp of cancelling this.
That is a predicted wait from order to delivery about the same as mine (July '21 to December '22) so you aren't alone.

I did consider cancelling but there were no other cars suitable for my requirements that I liked, so it was keeping what I have or waiting.
I'm glad I waited, the car is splendid.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
With comfort access turned off in PCM I iave to press the key to unlock and the kick to open rear hatch and wave over Frank to open don't work on mine.
Obviously!

But when you press the key fob button you will transmit the code and so if you are going to be scammed it can still happen.

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mentioned in another thread that I cancelled my order last week.

Lack of any news on allocation, lengthy wait, Porsche mucking about with options and well spec'd, lightly used cars becoming increasingly available with prices dropping relatively quickly prompted the move.

Dealer called to confirm this morning, but also to note my order had just (Weds) been given a March allocation!

Still going ahead with the cancellation. Reasons all still apply - dealer noted that you can no longer have a Cherry Taycan, which remains my preferred colour.

My local dealer has been great. Porsche head office much less so (yes there are circumstances out of their control to a degree. But they've not handled them well IMO).

Good luck to those persevering and enjoy your cars when they arrive. I may end up in a Taycan... Will keep an eye on the used market, and other cars that come to market over the next couple of months. But the initial excitement and want fell away for me, allowing the head to take over :)
Why can you no longer have a Cherry Taycan, that is my preferred colour too !

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Obviously!

But when you press the key fob button you will transmit the code and so if you are going to be scammed it can still happen.
The likelihood of relay attacks is far, far greater if the key is otherwise transmitting from time to time. There’s been a spate of JLR thefts near me and they’ve all been taken with the keys still in the house. Admittedly Evoques and RRSports’s seem a particularly high target for the gangs that want them over Porsches or anything else.

It’s a faraday pouch for me.
Sponsored