Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Same, my missus saw a macan in Mamba and didn’t like it at all.
Opposite here, my wife saw Mamba on a Macan and loved it. Waiting for our Mamba Taycan to be delivered in September.
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Opposite here, my wife saw Mamba on a Macan and loved it. Waiting for our Mamba Taycan to be delivered in September.
Same here. I wanted it and she was very skeptical. Luckily she saw one in the wild and loved it.

Also, I swear it is not as loud and flashy in person as it appears in photos.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I flip-flammed between neptune blue and volcano. Sales guy talked me out of the blue. Wife wanted the blue, then saw mamba and wanted that more. I can't do anything right.
Still, volcano looks great and i can get it stealthed-up in a few years when my mid-life crisis relapses.

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
Mamba all the way. You can have any gray car and blend in. I have owned at least 5 gray cars including an M5 and nobody recognizes it for a Porsche most of the time.
Go with Mamba and it pops to everyone.
If you want incognito, gray works.
Congrats on your new Taycan.

Porsche Taycan Volcanic grey or mamba green!!! ?? 3923A43B-83E3-4341-9303-9AC35A7B5AAC

VolcanoGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo, G63, Mini (Electric)
Country flag
Hmm as my username says… I specifically wanted a boring color and no loud brakes. I like being in an amazing car without everyone else knowing it from a mile away too. But the green car is amazing of course. Attached is my stealth CT.

Porsche Taycan Volcanic grey or mamba green!!! ?? 02C89256-E9FF-444D-938B-488A2C25C1A7

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Hmm as my username says… I specifically wanted a boring color and no loud brakes. I like being in an amazing car without everyone else knowing it from a mile away too. But the green car is amazing of course. Attached is my stealth CT.

02C89256-E9FF-444D-938B-488A2C25C1A7.jpeg
Same here plus I find it helps with speeding when needed and lowering my chances of getting caught as my car doesn't draw anyone's eye from a distance.

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Once I saw Volcano grey in real-life, it really grew on me. I don't think it is boring at all -- looks really good in the sunlight, very dark with beautiful metallic sheen. Most photos don't do it justice and in the configurator it looks off (kinda greenish while it is not like that at all).

This post comes close to how it looks I think:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/volcano-grey-taycan-club.724/page-10#post-76270

Less flashy than the green, but certainly not a boring grey :)

OP
OP

Keith

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Country flag
Here’s a good representation of what Mamba actually looks like in person. I stood in the dealership adjusting this picture right next to the car until the color representation was accurate.

F5D346CF-6029-45E5-AF20-251E47859A1F.jpeg
you don't know how many times ive gone back to this picture!! thanks for posting... its so useful to have a true to life memory jolt for the colour !