What’s the classiest colour?

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
Everyone who said Mahogany Metallic, you are correct! It's one of the most unique colors on this list. I'd say my top colors are Mamba Green, Mahogany Brown, Frozen Blue, Frozen Berry, and Cherry Red in that order. So you could get something classy and not a boring shade of black, white, or silver!

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
For those of you who say cherry red, it is basically the same color as arena red( a 911 turbo color). I had a paint to sample 991.2 turbo s in that color. It looks great in sunlight but in cloudy weather it’s purple. Living in seattle I sold it after 8 months for a CWM 992 TTS.

Porsche Taycan What’s the classiest colour? 641BE510-99FF-4765-ADCE-F70C4BECF31F

Porsche Taycan What’s the classiest colour? FD50C5B2-1F6E-4554-BF7F-EA87D2FEB8DF

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
best colour you have good taste??
That's such a great red. I don't think many people spec it because it looks pretty awful on the configurator, but looks so much better in real-life. Difficult to spec anything except Black for the interior though. It's between that and Ice Grey for my Sport Turismo if that ever becomes a thing!

We just had a Crayon Macan as a loaner which looked good, but not so much on the Taycan - just looks a little too beige in some light. Weird how it works on some models but not others.

OP
OP

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Thanks for all the input. Went for dolomite silver in the end!
Here’s my spec PM1XZLP7

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered a 4s CT (mid August delivery apparently) and although my missus loves the car, she doesn’t’ like being seen as a “poser”, so wants me to avoid the more “out there” colours and go for something classy.
what do the experts out there recommend for the colour (s) that fit the bill? ??
If you’re in a Taycan you will be “out there” already so the misses my not like being seen in the car whatever color it is. That said, dark silver / charcoal color is likely the least “stand out” color.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I love seeing cars in interesting colors like frozen blue, mamba green,etc. Personally, I'd probably go with gentian blue, but I appreciate seeing more "out there" colors on the road. There's a sweet miami blue(?) 991 turbo that i always seen driving around.. makes me happy. When I see a car in a cool color I always think positively about the owner...they must be an enthusiast who likes cars enough to order one in a special color.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I love seeing cars in interesting colors like frozen blue, mamba green,etc. Personally, I'd probably go with gentian blue, but I appreciate seeing more "out there" colors on the road. There's a sweet miami blue(?) 991 turbo that i always seen driving around.. makes me happy. When I see a car in a cool color I always think positively about the owner...they must be an enthusiast who likes cars enough to order one in a special color.
All the classic Porsche cars look great in the more interesting colours and now are more sought after. I say forget what other people think and go with your heart. We’re only here once!

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
It is such a subjective view, but here goes:-

• Most stand out/statement colour -Mamba Green (looks fantastic)
  • Most sophisticated colour - Gentian Blue (sheer class)
  • Most subtle yet different - Crayon (my fave)
  • Less subtle yet different - Frozen Blue (special colour for a special car)
  • Those scared of difficult decisions or simply saving money for other options Black/White - I went for black (however, I do prefer all the other colours above)
  • Most wrong colour - Coffee Biege (I see why no one has mentioned it)
  • Dullest colour - Cherry red (apologies if i have offended anyone)
  • Should never had been on the list - Mahogany (who wants a car the same colour as a sideboard?)
It would be great to see the stats on fave colour by age.

Anyway you don't really see the colour when you are driving it, so enjoy driving it, in whatever colour you have.
Sponsored