Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I am also adding the Pano roof to my do-not-order-again list. It starts getting sunnier in Northern California and today I found myself trying to protect my forehead from sun rays coming through the roof while driving. It was annoying at least. I want to clarify that the roof glass temperature was not warmer than the pillar areas covered with metal roof and fabric from the inside but the rays were bothering me and I can see it will only get worst in the summer. So no Pano roof next time if it is not a forced option.
Why not just get a visor or tint it
Sponsored

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
I’m still working on Turbo build, and just discovered that it looks like if you want HUD, ACC, and Active Parking, the Tech Package includes those plus Passenger Display for $1100 less than ordering all 4 of them separately. IOW, you basically get PD for free.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Why not just get a visor or tint it
Visor for the whole roof? The glass is already tinted a lot. Btw, it is hard to find a tint film that is wide enoigh for the roof, so you will have seams. Not ideal.
My personal preference is still no glass roof at all if I had that option.

Last edited:

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I’m still working on Turbo build, and just discovered that it looks like if you want HUD, ACC, and Active Parking, the Tech Package includes those plus Passenger Display for $1100 less than ordering all 4 of them separately. IOW, you basically get PD for free.
Yeah that changed about a week after my order locked. Sigh.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Next car won't have:
-PMCC
-Innodrive
-Intelligent Range Manager
-HUD
-Auto Parking

Rest I'll opt again so I'm pretty satisfied with my current build. :)

Last edited:

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
The metal roof looks better anyway.

If you get ACC does it still do the lane following thing? I use innodrive all the time with it set to ignore speed limit signs but not sure how it differs from ACC.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
The only 2 options I got which I’m no longer thrilled with are the powered charge ports & electric sport sound. Both a bit gimmicky in my view but also not very expensive so I wouldn’t be bothered either way.

I use the charging port every day but I feel I wouldn’t miss the powered element. I hardly ever use sport sound, I’m slightly embarrassed to switch it on where pedestrians will hear it, and I prefer to listen to music than sport sound.

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
-PMCC : It's just sitting in it's bag, never used it and probably never will. I already had a LVL2 Charger installed at my place, so I don't know why I didn't remove this from my build... It wasn't cheap either!

- 4 Zone climate control: I thought it would be cool to have a screen to impress people in the back seat, but I drive the car all by myself. I don't have any friends.

- Comfort Entry: The car greets you when you approach and turn on the ignition when you get seated. Those are cool. But I just can't get to make the auto tailgate work and it's super annoying. I end up looking like a retard with shopping bags in both hands shaking my feet under the car for half an hour.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Next car won't have:
-PMCC
-Innodrive
-Intelligent Range Manager
-HUD
-Auto Parking

Rest I'll opt again so I'm pretty satisfied with my current build. :)
Would you still get ACC? Or would you remove all assist?

What don’t you like about the HUD?

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
-PMCC : It's just sitting in it's bag, never used it and probably never will. I already had a LVL2 Charger installed at my place, so I don't know why I didn't remove this from my build... It wasn't cheap either!
if you have no use for it put it up for sale, someone probably would want to have a second one

Reactions: dan

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Would you still get ACC? It would you remove all assist?

What don’t you like about the HUD?
Defenately, it's a feature that does things better than me.
Innodrive, not so much, I drive better (and more spirited) myself.
With Innodrive you have to switch off speed sign recognition cuz otherwise you'll be in for big surprises....and granny speed around corners...and asking to take over control manually when things get "difficult"..... totally worthless imho.

I'll keep all the other assists which I now have.

I like the HUD very much but wouldn't pay for it cuz it doesn't add anything.
Had it in Panamera.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I‘m still waiting on my car. I got the passenger display because I road trip a lot and thought it would be useful for the passenger to be able to change music, use the nav, etc. Why do you both find it not worth the money? I guess it doesn’t matter because the car is already built, but I’m curious anyway.
It’s fine and in perspective it’s only a grand but it sits a few inches next to other screen so it just seems pointless. But looks cool so that’s what counts ?

Enjoy the hell out of it when it comes in, mine is already going on 15k miles !

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Visor for the whole roof? The glass is already tinted a lot. Btw, it is hard to find a tint film that is wide enoigh for the roof, so you will have seams. Not ideal.
My personal preference is still no glass roof at all if I had that option.
I am also still trying to find a solution. In our subtropical climate, it's unbearable for 8 months of the year.
Porsche Taycan Which extras you wouldn't order again 1617449439736

50.7°C (123°F) temp of back seat.

Porsche Taycan Which extras you wouldn't order again 1617449480332

59.9°C (140°F) temp of driver's headrest.

Porsche Taycan Which extras you wouldn't order again 1617449824141

59.9°C (140°F) temp of glass roof.

Porsche Taycan Which extras you wouldn't order again 1617449535373

68°C (154°F) temp of the edge of the inside frame, not the glass. Do not touch it!

It is so hot, that event the AC cannot cool down the cabin within the first 15 min of driving the car after having it parked in the sun for 4 hours.

I checked with the shop, the AC works fine. I think Porsche tested the car in the desert, but not in humid hot climate.

Last edited:

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

- 4 Zone climate control: I thought it would be cool to have a screen to impress people in the back seat, but I drive the car all by myself. I don't have any friends.

- Comfort Entry: The car greets you when you approach and turn on the ignition when you get seated. Those are cool. But I just can't get to make the auto tailgate work and it's super annoying. I end up looking like a retard with shopping bags in both hands shaking my feet under the car for half an hour.
Re the tailgate. I had the same problem and even Porsche didn't know how to fix it. I decided to do some research in the PCM. Appears that there is a checkbox you have to select. Have you checked that?
Sponsored