OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
1. Surround view, your wheels will thank you ;) Also when parking anywhere, you see the lines from "above"

2. Standard LED is enough for daily driving

3. This is a great security feature and should be standard on the Taycan

4. High gloss with Gentian will be great

5. you can skip this

6. Depends on where you are living and parking

7. RWD ist fine

Instead of the Mobile Charger Connect I would take the Rear Wheel Steering.
Thank you for the response- really appreciate it- good to hear you feel RWD is fine and same with the standard LED. The surround view and the LCA is really my dilemma if I just keep the options separate or add the premium package and even get the ionizer :)

I hear a lot of folks say pulling up to the chargers help with surround view. However, if I was fine with my Macan S doing parking and parallel parking do you think you need surround view. Does it give you more waring sensors? Greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Surround - yes
Standard - no, go for matrix if available in your country
Lca - mere warning light in mirror, yet nice to have. Lka is important. Active lka not so.
Black trim - yes
Mobile cc - yes, works like a charm
Folding - yes, must have
Rwd - well if you can afford, pick 4s, much faster in all weather conditions

additionally:
I’d spec 19, even more comfy, no issues with perferomance
Ambient lighting - not impressive in real world
Consider sound/heat insulated windows
Consider night vision
Passenger display - nice but unnecessary
Sports chrono with gt wheel - nice
Full leather for extra luxury feeling
Heat pump - saves kwh
Thank you for the great advice and reply. Good to solidify your yes choices like the black trim, folding mirrors, and no on more than the basic LED lights etc.
Any chance I could ask about your viewpoint on the surround view more and mobile charger is better to upgrade? Greatly appreciate it.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Be careful with answers from different countries imo.

I Would say in the UK folding mirrors and parking aids are absolutely essential as we have lots of narrow roads/parking spaces etc. Very different from someone living in an unpopulated area with wide open roads.
Although they may be more bothered about PPF/ceramic coatings for example.

Also be aware of performance comparisons and people's other/previous cars. You have had a Macan S and that experience is different to someone on here who owns a 911 GT3, Ferrari and a Mclaren.

I have just picked up my RWD and the speed is not an issue for me (4WD useful if you live somewhere with lots of snow and ice!) or have extra £££.

But with the RWD and larger battery, don't concentrate on the 0-60 times (it is RWD not 4WD).
In real world driving (overtaking etc look at the 80-120kmh times) it is plenty fast enough and way, way quicker than my previous BMW M2 (manual). Floor the pedal and its just instant torque. Faster than say 95% of other cars on the road.

For me, I was far more concerned about the size and weight of the Taycan. I would sooner have less weight/better steering/more range than extra power and spend the money on options.
But I'm not one for tracking cars etc, whilst others are.

Ymmv as always on forums is basically what I am saying.

Last edited:
OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Be careful with answers from different countries imo.

I Would say in the UK folding mirrors and parking aids are absolutely essential as we have lots of narrow roads/parking spaces etc. Very different from someone living in an unpopulated area with wide open roads.
Although they may be more bothered about PPF/ceramic coatings for example.

Also be aware of performance comparisons and people's other/previous cars. You have had a Macan S and that experience is different to someone on here who owns a 911 GT3, Ferrari and a Mclaren.

I have just picked up my RWD and the speed is not an issue for me (4WD useful if you live somewhere with lots of snow and ice!) or have extra £££.

But with the RWD and larger battery, don't concentrate on the 0-60 times (it is RWD not 4WD).
In real world driving (overtaking etc look at the 80-120kmh times) it is plenty fast enough and way, way quicker than my previous BMW M2 (manual). Floor the pedal and its just instant torque. Faster than say 95% of other cars on the road.

For me, I was far more concerned about the size and weight of the Taycan. I would far sooner have less weight/better steering than more power and spend the extra money on options.
But I'm not one for tracking cars etc, whilst others are.

Ymmv as always on forums is basically what I am saying.
Thanks for responding. You are so true with different people and locations for comparison such as someone that has a Mclaren, etc. vs a Macan. Great to hear that speed on your RWD and larger battery has not been an issue. Thanks again!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for responding. You are so true with different people and locations for comparison such as someone that has a Mclaren, etc. vs a Macan. Great to hear that speed on your RWD and larger battery has not been an issue. Thanks again!
It is useful advice as this forum is quite global....

Picture is my local town, where I need to drive and park all the time.
Very different from say Texas or Arizona (I would imagine).

Porsche Taycan Need Options Advice - Questions on Options before Freeze Approaching Soon Screenshot_20210815-064753_Chrome

Reactions: B61

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Overtaking acceleration (80-120 kmh)
RWD PB+ 2.7s

Pic = comparison at bottom

Porsche Taycan Need Options Advice - Questions on Options before Freeze Approaching Soon Technical data

Last edited:
OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
It is useful advice as this forum is quite global....

Picture is my local town, where I need to drive and park all the time.
Very different from say Texas or Arizona (I would imagine).

Screenshot_20210815-064753_Chrome.jpg
wow- can a car even fit through that street :) just kidding- looks like a great town. And years ago I actually had a z4 that you took a picture in front

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you for the response- on #1. so are you saying need the surround or the non-fish you think is good? I know RWD is underpowered compared to 4s but do you think for everyday driving where I can't go super fast all the time I would still enjoy it a lot? I had a Macan S that I think went about the same 0-60 and was fine it felt. Really appreciate your thoughts.
360 surround cameras are great and make manoeuvres easy plus you can see the kerbside.

The front and rear cameras have good standard view and additionally provide a pseudo fisheye perspective which I don't use. I don't have any complaints.

If budget permits then it is a worthy upgrade.

RWD Vs 4S - performance is one thing but also brings the advantage of all wheel drive.

You have included Sports Chrono in your list so I'd question the rationale for that? All cars have Sport which provides Launch Control if not aware.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thanks so much for the great advice especially on the mirrors! Besides the snow is there are reason you like 4wd over rwd?
I never liked rwd, i think it’s always better to have grips in all wheels.

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - production 01/22
Country flag
I have question about standard LED. They have the fuction of bend lighting - or it must be plus option?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I never liked rwd, i think it’s always better to have grips in all wheels.
Again it's horses for courses.
Depends a lot on climate where you live.

I have had numerous VW/Audi 4WD cars, but enjoyed the RWD M2 more than any of them, by some margin for the last 4+ years.

And the wife has got an X-drive BMW X2 for when we get very occasional snow and ice.

This is also the reason why manufacturers give us a choice of options, rather than providing standard equipment - which may be useful to some and useless to others.

Everyone on here is different.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thank you for the response- really appreciate it- good to hear you feel RWD is fine and same with the standard LED. The surround view and the LCA is really my dilemma if I just keep the options separate or add the premium package and even get the ionizer :)

I hear a lot of folks say pulling up to the chargers help with surround view. However, if I was fine with my Macan S doing parking and parallel parking do you think you need surround view. Does it give you more waring sensors? Greatly appreciate it.
I think you also will be fine with the rear view camera and in the US also without the folding mirrors.

The ionizer is a great option, I have it on my Panamera now for more than 3 years and it noticeably improves the indoor air for little money.

LCA, on the other hand, is definitely a nice option for driving on the US highways in high traffic.

I do not know your driving profile, but with the performance battery plus you only add little miles more to the car for 5k. Did you drive the RWD also without the performance plus battery? It is also a great car with plenty of power for daily driving. As I understand you want to keep the price low, so you should answer the question for you - how many times will you use the better range of the performance battery plus?

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
RWD still not available in Australia so I have not driven it. I had a Macan S for 3 weeks before I had the Taycan 4S and I would say in the real world 4S faster under 100 kmh but pretty similar above that.
I am not sure about your parking situation but I would opt for maximum help and folding mirrors to reduce risks of damage.
I suspect standard headlights fine. Black trim for windows in our market only gloss black or silver. I would prefer black but have not seen a non gloss black.
I did not have LCA on my Panamera and I think could live without but maybe a way of avoiding an expensive bill for a moments inattention?

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I went with high gloss black trim, wheels and badge to complete the look.

Standard lights are great.

Surround view saves wheels but the distortion doesn’t help with much else.

RWD provides more than enough power for driving, overtaking and cruising. Sport mode gives a good punch. I’ve driven both the RWD and 4S, and found the RWD perfect for me. 4S is the pick if you want more performance and AWD.

I went for the folding mirrors as my home parking is tight and is the only way I can get the car in.

Air Suspension has been the best option as it gives such buttery smooth ride, alongside the Power Steering Plus.

Porsche Taycan Need Options Advice - Questions on Options before Freeze Approaching Soon B6B09EF6-939B-43DD-815C-41037616564C
Porsche Taycan Need Options Advice - Questions on Options before Freeze Approaching Soon 27A27DDA-D432-4D58-B7C8-94A35101F222

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Been out for a drive today and used 'lift' option on the air suspension a number of times.

The car wouid not have made it up/down the inclines without it.
Glad I came on here and was advised to spec it. ?

OP.
Things on your spec I didn't spec and still wouldn't spec again if it were me...

Sport chrono
Sport sound
Ambient lighting
Sponsored