Do you daily your Taycan?

• Total voters

VOLT4GE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a custom build 911C4 which was was my daily driver when I lived in California. I kept a Toyota 4Runner as a second for when I needed to do larger shopping, but the 911 was my commuter and weekend road-trip fun car. I must say however, when I moved from California to Washington, 911 was no longer a suitable daily driver because of 2 reasons:
  1. WA road surfaces suck! By far the worst roads in the entire USA. When I first moved, I pulled over on several occasions because I thought I blew a tire (which I actually experienced in the 911 at ~90mph on a CA highway, not as bad as you'd think except a pain in the ass to try to wedge the rear tire rim into the car somewhere after replacing it with a spare, oh and it was my fault to wear out the tires all the way out to a blow out in less than 6 months and 10K miles - I usually check tire wear every 6 months on my car, so it never occurred to me to check them earlier on the 911 - changes all 4 tires right after, since they were on on a verge of blowout). I also did a coast to coast road trip in my Tesla in 2016, and I kid you not, I could tell without looking at the map when I entered Washington state - worst road surface quality out of all the states I drove through!
  2. People in WA drive their cars like they would ride a cow - get on it, point it in the general direction, never worry who's you're blocking by doing 10 under speed limit in the fast lane. CA has some crazy drivers, but a lot of them have the moves to back it up. In WA people merge on the highway, cut everyone off while trying to get to the left most lane, then drive under the speed limit, except if someone tries to pass them or they are going down hill, and significantly under the speed limit if the highway happens to be going uphill (again like riding a cow).
My point is, some cars can be daily drivers in some places but not in others. I'm specing out my Taycan with 20" wheels precisely because I intend to drive it every day on crappy WA roads. I hope that works, since 19" will not fit with the larger brakes. I also hope the suspension setting work well in a Taycan, so I can smooth out the bumps for boring rides, and feel every little road bump when I feel like driving for fun.
Safe to assume you’ve never driven on the roads in Detroit? I’ve been able to see the road below an overpass because of bucket-sized holes in the deck.

PTProspect

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jaguar I-Pace; 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I work from home and have managed to put 7k miles on my car in the 3 months that I have owned it. I can't imagine not driving it every chance that I get.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'm thinking of getting a job farther away from home - so I can drive more :CWL:
That's what a nice car and a performance EV's will do to you. I once drove 2600 miles (each way) while my wife and kids flew, just for the fun of driving. It sure was fun cruising in the Model S at through Montana (80 speed limit). Thinking of doing the same trip once I get a Taycan, hoping Tesla opens their DC chargers to all.

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's what a nice car and a performance EV's will do to you. I once drove 2600 miles (each way) while my wife and kids flew, just for the fun of driving. It sure was fun cruising in the Model S at through Montana (80 speed limit). Thinking of doing the same trip once I get a Taycan, hoping Tesla opens their DC chargers to all.
These Taycans are there to be driven.
Mine just had another software update which is fine but they found a rip in the tyre down to the cord which will cost about £300 for a new tyre…..

Porsche Taycan Do you daily your Taycan? AEE19C37-9B8C-4193-893C-4BB2885C4C9E

TaycanTurboUK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, i8 going soon
Country flag
Mine is my daily car, but do very little miles as live so close to work and weekends tend to use the Range Rover as easier with kid and dog.

I agree that it does sometimes surprise me when you see a 3 year old car with only a few k on the clock, but I used my i8 every day, sold it after 5 years and it had under 17k on it, maybe I should get a longer commute !

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
7k miles here as well. I bought the Taycan to act as a daily. The 911 is now the garage queen.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
do quick night time drives. I go almost nightly and listen to music and podcasts after the kids go down to sleep. Find it relaxing with lack of traffic.
Whenever I drive down to the one EA station here in Albuquerque, I go at night. That's also the hour I will often drive the three miles to the grocery store (in the Taycan, of course) to pick up a few items for the next few days of cooking. I love to browse the aisles when there are few customers, the employees are starting to anticipate their after-work lives, and everything is mellow.

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
Hi all - slightly adjacent Q - does anyone have experience with both the base and 4S? Did you find the base to be a bit quieter up front due to lack of front motor?
Sponsored