Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
For what it's worth, I have the glass roof, insulated glass and 0 cell issues on my Samsung S21 or my wife's Iphone 12.
I thought about making a poll to get more data, but I’m not motivated enough…?
Sponsored

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I thought about making a poll to get more data, but I’m not motivated enough…?
It probably matters where you live too.. we have very strong cell signal here in general in the north east. If the signal is already mediocre, I'm sure the insulated glass can impact that a bit.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
There’s mixed responses on here for that, so I’m not sure if you’ll get good answers.

I have the insulated glass and both me and my wife have reduced cell signal in the car. I have an iPhone 12 and she has an iPhone X. Her issues are worse though, sometimes having no signal at all. The problem goes away if we roll a window down and we don’t have issues in other vehicles.

We do see a signal boost if we place the phone in the center console charger, but I thought I read the cell signal booster there was not going to be continued in 2022. I didn’t research myself though.

It might be interesting to see if people with and without issues have the glass or metal roof. Maybe that makes a difference? We have the metal roof.
Hi, Did the cell phone issue get resolved ? Do you have a metal roof ?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Hi, Did the cell phone issue get resolved ? Do you have a metal roof ?
No. It’s still the same. We do have a metal roof.

There are occasional times where it doesn’t seem to work at all, but for the most part, it usually at least works some; it’s just slow or poor quality.

I have zero issue with my phone outside of that car. And the issue goes away if we roll the window down.

We’ll be ordering an iPhone 13 for my wife soon and then we’ll test that.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY20 4S with insulated glass, and I use Waze on my phone. It is constantly beeping with recalculations. The cell signal is a lot poorer, too. I use a highway with bad coverage, and the calls are constantly dropping.
In the courtesy 4S with regular glass I'm using this week I don't have these issues, but it is noticeably noisier, highway (wind) and city (traffic), and you feel the heat from the sun. I honestly don't know if I would order it again. But I may have to decide, because my wife hates the 18-way seats and the suspension on this newer build is simply amazing!!! I'll try a warranty claim, do you think it will stick? ;)

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Higher speeds is when the insulated glass shows it's value for wind noise reduction
Indeed when we drove to our holiday destination this summer, we drove through germany on the unrestricted autobahns. I don't know how quiet the car is without insulated glass but with it is at topspeed very quiet.

OP
OP

DJM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo
Country flag
Really useful seeing the different opinions here. In the end I went without as I don't like the brown tint it puts on the front screen from the outside. Will I regret it maybe, but it also leaves something to consider for the future!

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Really useful seeing the different opinions here. In the end I went without as I don't like the brown tint it puts on the front screen from the outside. Will I regret it maybe, but it also leaves something to consider for the future!
Hi, I’ve not heard about a brown tint. Do you have any pictures. I thought there wasn’t much of a visual difference

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Looks like insulated glass is still a no-go for my configuration since the reason I wanted it was to do conference calls from the road. Can’t do that with dodgy cellphone signal ??‍♂

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Looks like insulated glass is still a no-go for my configuration since the reason I wanted it was to do conference calls from the road. Can’t do that with dodgy cellphone signal ??‍♂
In the Netherlands there is no problem with insulated glass and the cellular signal.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
What I am anecdotally seeing is insulated glass with glass roof is causing less cellphone reception issues versus those with metal roof. My configuration unfortunately has metal roof.
Sponsored