B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Does electric sport sound hearable outside?
Been discussed zillion times... yes, there are additional speakers, mounted outside.
If you don't want to hear it (inside), just put volume to 20 with some rock & roll... or even better - gothic metal :rock:
Sponsored

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
I like that it also plays outside of the car. Its made my head turn when I've heard another Taycan drive by

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
I voted like but in reality it's both like and dislike. I like to have it when I don't play music. But, I almost always play music.

Also, I wish the sound to be louder when music is being played.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I like it but only use it to show off new passengers AND.....when I am in an area with busy streets (folks walking / biking) so they can hear me coming.

Here is another thing I now use it for, one day I was driving home from the beach and on the road in front of me was at least six birds feasting on road kill. Normal right, normally as you get closer they fly away. Oh know not this time as I don't thing they hear an electric car coming. I hit the whole flock! What a mess, my windshield was covered in blood, fetters and bird parts. When I pulled over to check the car my hood and bumper was a complete mess but no damage to the car only the birds or what was left of them!

Now when I see birds and other road side animals I turn the sound on.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I have the option and have it turned off except when it turns on by default for Sport Plus where I don't bother to manually turn it off. So, I'd say, I don't hate it or love it either way. Just indifferent to it.

The normal motor noise is fine enough background noise under most conditions.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
I love it.... But mainly use it in and around town so pedestrians as well as animals can hear me comming. Oh...and offcourse for spirited driving ;)

Somewhat similar to JRNJTAYCAN's story i had a near accident with a dear last week, and i suppose it did not help the situation that it probably didnt hear me comming all that well, as the sport sound was off at the time. And related to this, this was my first time actually stomping the brakes HARD, and i gotta say...the way the Taycan stops, for such a heavy car, is simply amazing! :D

But...back on the topic of Sport Sound. I must admit...the downshifting...and the sound it makes...is seriously addictive! :D

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I like it. Like it even more that we have the ability to turn it off on the fly.

I tend to use it in parking lots/garages. Let the pedestrians know not to cross without looking behind them...

Reactions: B61

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
what is your take on the sound generated by the car?
Annoying and unnecessary. The natural sound of the car is awesome and I sure as shit wouldn’t have paid for it except it was part of one of the upgrade packages.

OP
OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I like to keep my rear seats folded and that causes the noise to be louder. Like you I like the "natural" sounds the car makes, I detest the fake noise.
Sponsored