Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
“Most dynamic Taycan of all time” makes me laugh. The Taycan has only existed for 3 years:CWL:
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps a little overzealous by the Porsche marketing machine. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
doesn’t really matter if it only existed for the last 4 years. It’s still the most dynamic one. :cool:
so bring it on. I am super excited. As I think the Taycan needs better handling. Due to its weight. And if you see how composed it seems to be in the video from the 2nd of jan., it should be good.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Why does it matter to you? If you don't buy it, it won't affect your personal finances, and if it doesn't sell, Porsche won't make it. It's not like they're reallocating other valuable resources to make this happen... personally, I love it.
LOL

Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
Going to be insane I'm sure, prelude to the Mission X technology on the supercar. I bet it will have 3 motors in it, maybe more battery reserve. GT department will work it's magic.

Bakerman911

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991 Targa, Porsche Taycan St, Mini JCW cab
Country flag
I think the price will be very high but always a market for this cars, if I would have the money I buy one :cool: :cool: :cool:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
What a weird thing to have a strong opinion about!
Indeed. My view is that this model will be as fast as it is irrelevant and will not appeal to the type of buyer that can actually afford it. (Ask me how I know). LOL

I am sure it will be “cool” though….

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Most dynamic Taycan of all time” makes me laugh. The Taycan has only existed for 3 years
I think they’re also going to release some Taycan heritage models next year that harken back to the original Taycan of the early 2020s.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The most dynamic...rumor has it will be able to depreciate from full MSRP to 50% in sub 8 months, a full month faster than the best equipped previous Turbo S. Look forward to it.
Can we chill with the depreciation posts/complaints? Nobody is particularly thrilled about it, but it isn't Porsche's fault and it's part of the cost of being an early adopter. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Can we chill with the depreciation posts/complaints? Nobody is particularly thrilled about it, but it isn't Porsche's fault and it's part of the cost of being an early adopter. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything.
Well that was a joke… (thought it was a good one)

But depreciation is an important reality that needs to be addressed. It is criticaI for the commercial success of Taycan, which already proved to be an engineering success.

I posted on this topic before, half the reason I post is not for venting for the sake of venting, but i do think Porsche has some tools at hand to address the issue and they do tend to read these blogs. (Its a great platform for them to collect info, feedback, market intelligence, customer expectations etc.)

I disagree with the view that acute depreciation problem we are seeing is just an inevitable outcome of technological obsolescence risk. Its not that. It is an unusual risk profile associated with unkown reliability outcomes with cars approaching end of warranty periods, making a lot of customers scratch their heads. Requires creative approach to warranty. A vehicle platform with much less moving parts, and being used as a testing ground by porsche can’t simply have the exact same warranty profile with traditional cars (free or extended). Does not make sense and some creativity is needed here. It’s not about me or you losing 30-40-50K here. The whole commercial model is at risk here, and it would be a pity if such technical achievements (including the upcoming turbo gt) was buried by some commercial missteps. That is my concern, hope that is clear.

Last edited:

achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, BMW 5 Series
Country flag
I have been following Taycan when it was still Mission E and I know this is the car I will buy one day. I can buy it anytime and any of the Taycan variants without any issues. Why have I not bought one yet? I did not want to be an early adopter of an untried and untested expensive machine. I am an IT guy and know well the bugs and issues with the latest greatest software. We like to typically wait for a few updates or even better, a newer version that will have all cumulative patches installed and/or known issues addressed.

I apply the same logic to EVs as well. Sure, I missed out on the driving pleasure others here enjoyed being early adopters of Taycan but then I saved thousands of $$ in depreciation as well. Will buy when MY25 is at dealers and MY23/24 will sell for even better prices. So, this is the tradeoff we all make - pleasure vs $$. Point being, why complain later and expect the manufacturer to help out with something that is driven by marker forces? My .2 cents.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.