First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Team Taycan,

Passenger display worth it? Or just a gimmik? Saves me $2K. Yes, I know, I know....only $2K but things add up.

I can get ACC plus LCA and forgoe passenger display. If I give up Innovo drive and LKA , I save $4k.

But in my mind, LKA seems important and Inno Drive seems cool.

Lots to digest here. In many ways, after writing this, I need to just spend the $4K and get it all versus regret later.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Useful gimmick :angel:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Good for playing movies at long charging stops - but actually my wife likes it a lot as she can enter nav options, music/videos, look at the G forces :) etc. independently - personally have found it way more useful than even I thought I would!

Porsche Taycan Passenger Display + ALK IMG_4731

Porsche Taycan Passenger Display + ALK IMG_4733

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I disagree. The main benefit is that it makes the side look complete. I think it looks bare without it. I have received many positive comments about the display, not so much with options folks can't see.
While on the move, does it still only operate when there is a passenger in the seat?

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
While on the move, does it still only operate when there is a passenger in the seat?
In principle. But you can trick it to be on also without a passenger. From P, click on "display options" (the on/off digital button at the bottom of your lower display), on the PCM pop-up notification tick the box to turn off passenger display. Put in D, then P again , again "display options" and untick the box. Drive away and It will stay on. Procedure needs to be repeated every time you get out of D.

Passenger display is useless but essential.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good for playing movies at long charging stops - but actually my wife likes it a lot as she can enter nav options, music/videos, look at the G forces :) etc. independently - personally have found it way more useful than even I thought I would!

IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg
This is very helpful. I didn't realize you could watch movies on it. This would work out well

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag

IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg
I didn't realise you could play a movie on both screens... time to buy some 3D glasses! :cool:

Great film by the way ?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Look at the technology package, it actually saves some money. We like the HUD and passenger display, whoever is in the passenger seat gets to play DJ.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I wanted ACC and ParkAssist, when you want both of those - it makes a lot of sense to look at the technology package.

ACC $2,050
Remote Park assist with LCA $2,550

These two total $4,600; for another $700 I can get the tech pack - which means I got passenger display and HUD (worth $2,980 together).

So that's what I did; when building I wasn't fussed for HUD as I've only had it one other car and was unimpressed - but I actually love it on the Taycan.

Btw: passenger display has seen little use so far - but can't hide from the cool factor it brings to the cabin.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Agree. Porsche had extra space in the dash to fill and knew some of us would have extra cash to spend. Car is too small for this to be a need or a true benefit. However the Porsche brand isn’t built off of need, it’s built off of desire. If you want it, get it.
Sponsored