Taycan 4S vs GTS

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I had this dilemma, when drove the 4s I felt like I needed a bit more speed and it didn’t blow me away. Then test drove the gts and it was noticeable faster, you could feel it pull harder so it was a no brained for me. People say on paper there’s nothing in it blah blah. But real world it’s definitely noticeable
Eh butt dynos are at best....subjective. You knew you were driving a GTS, Porsche says it sits above the 4S, so you're going to convince yourself you're able to feel that it was faster. Hypothetically speaking, if you didn't know what you were driving and drove both cars back to back, would you bet your house that'd you'd able to identify which is which? If you're convinced you can, then Porsche marketing dept got ya. Nothing wrong with that.
Sponsored

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
GTS would be the better option IMHO. I am thinking it will also hold its value somewhat better than the 4S.
I think you’re probably right on that, but its more about Porsche marketing than anything else. We all have our own reasons for wanting a Taycan of any flavour, but ultimately it’s not a sports car and I do feel we all get suckered!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
PPN17A89 gts code

PPPLAR35 4S code

Do you guys think it’s worth the money to get gts over 4S and I still don’t fully understand why it is worth to get the gts over 4S does the the gts feel faster because you can add everything on the gts to the 4S so I don’t full understand why it’s worth it to upgrade
Using your codes in my (UK) configurator shows a difference of around £7k- is that in line with what you see? If so, the perceived extra performance might be worth it (particularly when resale value is considered), but that depends on your personal driving conditions and preferences as to how often you'd experience it. I get the impression that your priority is comfort and luxury- if so, the GTS is the one variant that trades some of that away for potential raw sportiness feel. (Also, I think wood trim- not a popular choice in any Taycan- would kill its resale to GTS buyers)

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I am waiting for an allocation for a taycan 4S but I realized that the price of my 4S is above the starting price of a gts and the gts comes with some of the options I picked as standard is there a big speed difference between the two that is noticeable and what is the main difference between the two
I just went through the same dilemma. My original spec was a 4S CT, then the GTS came out so I went back and forth between the 4S and GTS, trying find a reason to upgrade but in the end it was a no brainer for me.
The 4S CT came standard with the performance battery, I like the extra height on the suspension for my rough cabin road, the liquid crystal roof was available on the 2023 and I liked the cheese grater wheels the most. The GTS is awesome, just wasn't for me.
I currently own a 2017 panamera turbo and I will miss that car greatly. It has done everything I have ever asked of it and it asks for more. The acceleration numbers are very similar between 4S and the panamera turbo and that's plenty fast for me (I am a speed freak, lost my license many times). People get too hung up on acceleration numbers these days. IMO, any 0-60 in the 3's is fast enough, any faster and your living on paper because you can't reasonably/safely use that speed in the real world.
It all depends on your personal likes/needs. There is no right answer.
My build was supposed to start 2 weeks ago but every week is another week delay. I'm reading a 12 volt battery shortage has everything backed up.

Levee

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
Agreed with Okisbaba. Get a used Turbo if really in doubt!

There's clearly contention over whether the GTS really offers huge performance benefit over a 4S. But the Turbo is unarguably a game changer.

Love my 4S, it goes plenty fast enough and I used the extra money to get the options I wanted - it's really quite unique to me and I love it! Besides there will only be faster better performing cars in the future so don't worry about it!

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I was in the same position when I was waiting for an allocation. Effectively just came down to whichever model the dealer could get me an allocation for first.

marty_n

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Carrera S, Volvo V90T8
Country flag
You can also option the GTS with the leather interior at no additional charge and then the heated/ventilated options are available to add on
You are right though if one goes for the "normal" leather interior it kills one of the main reasons to upgrade to GTS from 4S from my perspective. Under normal driving conditions the difference in power is not significant, at least based on my test drives.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
You are right though if one goes for the "normal" leather interior it kills one of the main reasons to upgrade to GTS from 4S from my perspective. Under normal driving conditions the difference in power is not significant, at least based on my test drives.
And that’s the very thing I’m struggling with. I don’t have any experience with a full Race Tex like interior ( I have Alcantra in my current vehicle on the roof, door sides and B pillars) but I think I’d like it. Two downsides I’m reading about it is wear n tear and you can’t option the ventilated/heated seats. Living in Southern CA I don’t REALLY need either although on some longer drives the ventilated seats in my current car definitely help with sweaty back sticky shirt syndrome 😊. Probably the main reason I’m leaning towards a GTS is that a lot of the options I put on a 4S are standard on the GTS which I believe helps with retaining some of the value. I can’t speak to Porsche but usually options aren’t worth crap years down the road but a level up in models could be. Also I THINK there are a few other aesthetic features on the GTS like darkened exterior light covers and a slightly different front fascia. Not 💯 on that and not saying that those slight differences are worth a lot more money but with the other items above in play it’s a small bonus. Last difference I can think of is if a person likes the 21” Spyders they only come in all black with the GTS which IMO look better than the ones with the silver or polished accents. In the end if a person is optioning a 4S with $20K+ of goodies than a hard look at a GTS might be worth it with all the above and the slight increase in power in mind.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The positives were the exterior styling and matrix lights.
Yep, with matrix lights, i’m comfortable to drive at nights again.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I am not entirely certain that comparative resale desirability is obvious between 4S and GTS. If you want to know what Porsche thinks, ask about the money factor for each of the models.

The last time I asked (which was before the GTS was released), the money factors were based on the assumption that the 4S would depreciate the least of all of the models. It is viewed as the Goldilocks model. GTS could be similar, but worth asking because Porsche has data, not just speculation.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I am not entirely certain that comparative resale desirability is obvious between 4S and GTS. If you want to know what Porsche thinks, ask about the money factor for each of the models.

The last time I asked (which was before the GTS was released), the money factors were based on the assumption that the 4S would depreciate the least of all of the models. It is viewed as the Goldilocks model. GTS could be similar, but worth asking because Porsche has data, not just speculation.
I can't offer a GTS example, but when I was deciding between a Turbo and a 4S optioned as close as possible (obviously still with the power gap), I got 3-year (Porsche) lease quotes (end of 2021). IIRC, the Turbo purchase price (for outright purchase) was around £21k more, but the cost over 3 years was only around £3k more (total- not per year) than for the 4S because residual value was 61% for the Turbo v 56% for the 4S. The RV%s were calculated on the assumption that cost options will be worth zero at that point- so a much more lightly optioned 4S would have a better RV%.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I can't offer a GTS example, but when I was deciding between a Turbo and a 4S optioned as close as possible (obviously still with the power gap), I got 3-year (Porsche) lease quotes (end of 2021). IIRC, the Turbo purchase price (for outright purchase) was around £21k more, but the cost over 3 years was only around £3k more (total- not per year) than for the 4S because residual value was 61% for the Turbo v 56% for the 4S. The RV%s were calculated on the assumption that cost options will be worth zero at that point- so a much more lightly optioned 4S would have a better RV%.
In the US, the lease money factor is set by model without regard to options. Interesting to note the differences.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag

I agree. Resale really depends on what options you have on the car. I was reading another thread and the 4S vs. GTS debate keeps popping up. I'd take a 4S with performance package (RAS, PTV+, PDCC) over a GTS any day of the week (given the GTS already has PTV+). RAS and PDCC you'd feel the difference every single day compared to the .2 or .3 in 0-60 time.

Anyone here using launch control or pedal to the floor everyday?
Sponsored