jasont

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I took my MY20 into my dealership and was kept up to date on the progress. it looked like it was going to take two days and on the second day everything was going well. Then I got the dreaded call that the update had failed on the 5th module and the central display was displaying ’weird characters’ and they had ordered a new central computer from Porsche. I have no idea how long it is going to take to get it back...
Sponsored

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Perhaps they should consider pulling it. I’ve just been notified I’m now going to be without my car for at least the 4 day weekend here in the U.K. The advice I got was very open-ended as to when I might expect to see it back.

I’ve been given a loaner but my vehicle won’t start now. Not a great experience at all.
To give an update on my situation: Porsche dealer resolved the issue within 48 hours and I had my car back before the end of the four day weekend. I’ve only driven it twice since but... So far so good! Wireless Car Play now works reliably every time I get in the vehicle whereas previously it rarely worked at all (MY 21). It also appears to have resolved some other infotainment related bugs (early days still so who knows really).

I have however noticed a number of erroneous Collision Warnings pop up since the update, I should check my sensors at the front of the vehicle to ensure they’re clean. Hopefully it’s just something trivial like that.

Las Vegas Taycan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have heard nothing at all about this and spoke with my tech this afternoon. Issues, yes, but they are still working on it.

My car is on module 4 and there ARE issues, fault codes. 4 tries so far. 1-3 went well. Don't know about 5 yet.

John
Took my dealer a week any many attempts but they called and said they finally uploaded all the elements and the only open item was the manual which was updated and being sent from Germany..

Jetpilot

First Name
Filippo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4s 2021
Country flag
My is a 4S 2021 model and with the update I had these 2 problems :
Courtesy opening of trunk and hood with your foot or hand swipe doesn’t work ,
On lunch mode I have very rough transition between low and high gear during acceleration with critical warning of AWD not available , performance exceeded and I was able to drive home at a max of 20 MPH.
still surround parking view has not been fixed ( I see only 2 cameras , but if I play with touchpad I can access to 3D view and swipe around)

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got the WMA5 for my 2020 and it works perfect and it has downloaded 14-15 updates today for the PCM as OTA..

980B1C91-EFD7-47E8-9A31-E806851051D1.jpeg

370BE3DD-EC2F-4747-BA10-04FE72575B73.jpeg

42E026FB-13B8-41FB-A308-56B6946EAFCF.jpeg
Same for me. I got an update to my 2021 Taycan Turbo which took one day at the dealership. A day after I picked it up, I got the same updates OTA shown in the pictures above. It all is working great!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Same for me. I got an update to my 2021 Taycan Turbo which took one day at the dealership. A day after I picked it up, I got the same updates OTA shown in the pictures above. It all is working great!
Another vote for updates are working well. The Passenger Display while driving along trick does not work for me, but that seems to be more a (hopefully) harmless bug rather than an intended feature, at least in the US.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
On lunch mode I have very rough transition between low and high gear during acceleration with critical warning of AWD not available , performance exceeded and I was able to drive home at a max of 20 MPH.
still surround parking view has not been fixed ( I see only 2 cameras , but if I play with touchpad I can access to 3D view and swipe around)
I just notice i have same issues with courtesy opening of trunk and hood on 2020 taycan after update. Let us know if your dealer is able to fix i just emailed my dealer

Turbo-fan

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had my 4S updated a month ago. Seems ok with the car apparently operating more smoothly, but last week some settings changed while the car was parked for 5 days without use. Mirror settings had changed and they didn’t fold anymore when locking the car and the passenger side reverse dipping function don’t work anymore.
PCM can be confused if it’s in phone or CarPlay mode and sometimes it takes minutes before CarPlay will connect. The Connect App is unreliable at the best of times, actually worse than before the update.

OP
OP

Benjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Twingo
Country flag
Post a picture of your car. I doubt you have one.
Lol. A car? I am with my Taycan one year. You will find pictures of the car here in the forum. It was in of the first delivered here in Germany.

It must be bitter to see only bad or fake people everywhere. I am truly sorry for that. For you.

And after the update I have no photo because the appointment was canceled with the above reasoning.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
And after the update I have no photo because the appointment was canceled with the above reasoning.
there is zero confirmation of your original statements - there is in fact counter evidence that Porsche has _NOT_ canceled/pulled/stopped the updates - there is also no evidence of the update bricking vehicles.

seems ashame to skip the software update as all reports are it makes the car much better - it in fact accomplishes the opposite of your original statements and fixes a number of issues - including a 12V bricking issues which has been confirmed for many months.

the lack of photos, and your false assertions regarding the update make your statements questionable at a minimum.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Picked mine up after upgrades on Saturday morning. It was in private mode, but aside from that, nothing meaningful to report. It seems to start up more quickly and it remembers if I was using CarPlay or not the last time I drove it, instead of always going to CarPlay.

Comment from dealer is that they are backed up with cars because they only can do 2 at a time and the 2020s take the reprogramming equipment up for a day or more.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Check your comfort settings as the option may be unchecked in the PCM as a result of the update. Mine was unchecked when I got my car back. Now it works better than before.

Surround view will only ever have 2 cameras (specific 3D view when optioned adds others) - front and rear. The Park Assist menu then lets you select the panoramic or side views. 3D view still available as you mentioned.

OP
OP

Benjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Twingo
Country flag
there is zero confirmation of your original statements - there is in fact counter evidence that Porsche has _NOT_ canceled/pulled/stopped the updates - there is also no evidence of the update bricking vehicles.

seems ashame to skip the software update as all reports are it makes the car much better - it in fact accomplishes the opposite of your original statements and fixes a number of issues - including a 12V bricking issues which has been confirmed for many months.

the lack of photos, and your false assertions regarding the update make your statements questionable at a minimum.
I just wrote what my dealer said to me and why my appointment was cancelled next Wednesday. The wording was: "we do not get the vehicles from the yard, because the update does not go through". But I also wrote that several times.

If it works well for others, that's super nice. For me, it just doesn't. And yes, of course the software makes the car better. I'm unlucky for the moment, but I haven't complained about that anywhere either.

The interaction here is just deplorable. At least from some. Way too aggressive. Sorry to read that.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I dropped of my 2020 at the dealer today and they happily took it for the WMA5/7 update. They said they have three other Taycans with the update in progress. So there is certainly NO global stop for the update.

However, I still believe @Benjamin and probably his local Porsche center has trouble with the updates either due to wrong procedures followed by their technicians or defective tech equipment.
Sponsored

Last edited: