That 2025 facelift

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Ah, gotcha! Yeah, it looks like they justified the base jump by adding the battery and air suspension plus some other stuff. Since the other trims already have air suspension, maybe the used more HP as part of their justification. I can’t even compare the other trims anymore because the configurator just buried the 2024s So I can’t find the full specs.

LOL. I just showed both pics to my GF and asked her which does she prefer? I prefer the old one (looks more aggressive to me) but she prefers the new one because it looks like the old one is sad and crying.

Someone almost ruined it for me by calling it a salamander. Fortunately, I was able to unsee it with someone else’s suggestion of pit viper. So I’m gonna go with that. It’s a badass pit viper! Hiss!
Does your GF drive one of these?
Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift 1707856748423
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I believe this is what is meant??

https://etsc.eu/intelligent-speed-assistance-set-for-launch-on-all-new-eu-vehicle-types-from-2022/

Big brother is watching.

Just think how ell Porsche has implemented the automatic speed adjustments in InnoDrive!
The US version will be Speed Convenience Package. Automatically receive and pay your speeding tickets without wasting time getting pulled over. 10% off if you pre-pay for the trip. Other discounts available with monthly subscription. Collect points not just on your license, but also points on your Porsche credit card, redeemable for merchandise, including Mackerel delivered straight to your cell for Platinum level subscribers.

Last edited:

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift Fender

Sorry, this just doesn't work for me, aesthetically. There are too many angles and seams at odds with each other. I'd rather they just eliminated the teardrop altogether versus this change to the Turbo and S.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Setting aside judgement on what version looks better. I'm leaning toward the explanation that this was done to create exclusivity between the trims. It's interesting that on the base, 4 or the 4S you can't option a sport design package to create the look of the turbo or turbo s even if you wanted to. I expect that's intentional. A bit harder to create trim differences with EVs in some sense because they all feel pretty damn quick and, at least in the Taycan's case, have that same sport sound. Maybe that helps explain the forging of this new and exotic turbonite material that I didn't know I needed in my life but now potentially need, lol. I'll be interested to see where the GTS falls in the mix. Will it have its own distinct front or will it have the base facia with the ability to upgrade to the turbo/turbo s front via a sports design package? The answer is obviously whichever makes Porsche the most money!
Agree with this, the gen2 turbo also has a much bigger power and performance advantage over the 4S compared to gen1.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Setting aside judgement on what version looks better. I'm leaning toward the explanation that this was done to create exclusivity between the trims. It's interesting that on the base, 4 or the 4S you can't option a sport design package to create the look of the turbo or turbo s even if you wanted to. I expect that's intentional. A bit harder to create trim differences with EVs in some sense because they all feel pretty damn quick and, at least in the Taycan's case, have that same sport sound. Maybe that helps explain the forging of this new and exotic turbonite material that I didn't know I needed in my life but now potentially need, lol. I'll be interested to see where the GTS falls in the mix. Will it have its own distinct front or will it have the base facia with the ability to upgrade to the turbo/turbo s front via a sports design package? The answer is obviously whichever makes Porsche the most money!
I am pretty sure you can order the hood badge, wheel caps, and rear badging in Turbonite when they become available. The window trim and body kit bits may be a bit harder to get (assuming they are compatible), but most certainly will be available for purchase, if you want to differentiate the exterior. I want to look at these in person first as it is impossible to figure out what this color looks like before I decide to get the hood and wheel caps as they will go well on my 2023 Turbo in Ice Grey to have the best of Gen 1 looks (no front bumper plastic triangle cladding and fake rear plastic plugs) and still differentiate as a Turbo.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
If they have them on the GTS they'll probably be covered in RaceTex and incorporate sweetspotlights in the shape of a giant GTS logo.
I did some tests with my PlayMobile Mission E car, and the range improved by 2 miles with RaceTex on the bumper. You could be up to something here...

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Alright. Just came back from Toronto autoshow. At first, i pretty much assumed the Taycans are old ones on display. The displays were turning in circles. Very hard to sport anything different from current. For the Turbo sedan, if you are bot in the know, you can’t tell its new at all. 4S is easier to tell if u look close and paint not super dark. To be honest they dont look nice. Probably the built are bad. Attaching photo once phone sync’d the photos

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift IMG_0832

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift IMG_0833

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift IMG_0836

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Nice. Did the turbonite on the turbo look more of a gold or dark silver shade

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
What is turbonite
It is a mysterious (dealers don't have samples yet) new colour for various trim items on the turbo models. The badge, side sill inserts, front lower lip insert, wheels (varying places), seatbelts and contrasting stitching on the turbo models.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
It is a mysterious (dealers don't have samples yet) new colour for various trim items on the turbo models. The badge, side sill inserts, front lower lip insert, wheels (varying places), seatbelts and contrasting stitching on the turbo models.
It was on a stage. Can’t look closely. From what could see, none. And i think that there was alignment issue with rear passenger door.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
From stormtrooper to trainspotter.
[/QUOTE]
For me the series 1 design works better, one small detail where the body work flows over the top of the headlight and swoops on towards the front of the bonnet on the series 1 is a really lovely detail that echoes the flowing lines of rest of the series 1 car. This is a detail that is sadly lost on the series 2 apparently. This imo is what makes the series 1 a great design and trumps the series 2 . Small details really matter,

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift 1709740783454
Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift 1709740402320

Last edited:

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Using this silly Star Wars “Stormtrooper” analogy, I think the J1.II revised turbo front end looks more like an Imperial Stormtrooper than the .I which is so revered. The stormtrooper helmet is not all smooth, there are bumps and protrusions and vents. The gaps or lines around the vent funnels on the revised bumper look much more like the plastic works on the costumes. I thought this silly moniker was about the white paint / black interior, but if you really want to analyze the front bumper I think the new one is more “stormtrooper”.
Sponsored