That 2025 facelift

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

If you'd never seen this car before, I will bet that most people would guess the second picture (original design) is the update. It's simpler, cleaner, unique and beautiful. Why change it to something that looks more conventional and way less intersting? Most of the other upgrades I applaud and understand, but what did they learn about the design in the last 4 years that makes them able to design a better looking car?
I bet the change is all about aero and efficiency . . . not aesthetics.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
The improvements are under the hood…and those changes are massive.
I probably won't switch but mostly b/ of the EU mandatory limitations & surveillance introduced last year.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
The improvements are under the hood…and those changes are massive.
I probably won't switch but mostly b/ of the EU mandatory limitations & surveillance introduced last year.
Which limitations? I’m unfamiliar with any changes

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
LOL. I just showed both pics to my GF and asked her which does she prefer? I prefer the old one (looks more aggressive to me) but she prefers the new one because it looks like the old one is sad and crying.

Someone almost ruined it for me by calling it a salamander. Fortunately, I was able to unsee it with someone else’s suggestion of pit viper. So I’m gonna go with that. It’s a badass pit viper! Hiss!
No more Mr. Nice Guy

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift Alice_Cooper

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No more Mr. Nice Guy

Alice_Cooper.png
Pit Viper was me :)

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift snake-pitviper-843686628-iStock_TommyIX

If you're a current owner and want to feel better about the aesthetics of your Taycan relative to the facelift, this guy makes some pretty good points (despite getting some of the model facts wrong).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
From the EU regulations document-

4. Event data recorders shall meet the following requirements in particular:

(a)the data that they are capable of recording and storing with respect of the period shortly before, during and immediately after a collision shall include the vehicle’s speed, braking, position and tilt of the vehicle on the road, the state and rate of activation of all its safety systems, 112-based eCall in-vehicle system, brake activation and relevant input parameters of the on-board active safety and accident avoidance systems, with high level of accuracy and ensured survivability of data;
(b)they cannot be deactivated;
(c)the way in which they are capable of recording and storing data shall be such that:
(i)they operate on a closed-loop system;
(ii)the data that they collect is anonymised and protected against manipulation and misuse; and
(iii)the data that they collect enables precise vehicle type, variant and version, and in particular the active safety and accident avoidance systems fitted to the vehicle, to be identified; and
(d)the data that they are capable of recording can be made available to national authorities, on the basis of Union or national law, only for the purpose of accident research and analysis, including for the purposes of type approval of systems and components and in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, over a standardised interface.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
From the EU regulations document-

4. Event data recorders shall meet the following requirements in particular:

(a)the data that they are capable of recording and storing with respect of the period shortly before, during and immediately after a collision shall include the vehicle’s speed, braking, position and tilt of the vehicle on the road, the state and rate of activation of all its safety systems, 112-based eCall in-vehicle system, brake activation and relevant input parameters of the on-board active safety and accident avoidance systems, with high level of accuracy and ensured survivability of data;
(b)they cannot be deactivated;
(c)the way in which they are capable of recording and storing data shall be such that:
(i)they operate on a closed-loop system;
(ii)the data that they collect is anonymised and protected against manipulation and misuse; and
(iii)the data that they collect enables precise vehicle type, variant and version, and in particular the active safety and accident avoidance systems fitted to the vehicle, to be identified; and
(d)the data that they are capable of recording can be made available to national authorities, on the basis of Union or national law, only for the purpose of accident research and analysis, including for the purposes of type approval of systems and components and in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, over a standardised interface.
Correct! That is one part of the new regulation. Very much like a Black Box recorder in commercial airplanes. That data does not seem to get transmitted or shared apart from when in an accident.

I am more concerned about their statement on ISA

The most effective and appreciated systems, already available since 2015 on several vehicles, assist drivers by cutting engine power once the legal speed limit has been reached. The driver can override the system by pushing further down on the accelerator pedal. Systems that intervene in this way, could reduce road deaths by 20%.

You know how wrong Porsche speed information is in the car at the moment, at least here in France. Automatic cutting of power etc. Using Innodrive in automatic mode here will result in being rear ended for sure

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
An 'interesting' thing I did yesterday because: bored.

I configured a 4S with all the equipment to match my current specification. It came out with £25,000 of options, which is definitely more than the same spec when I bought my Turbo. But then the Turbo config is still £15k more than this, so a similar difference. I guess Porsche really are pushing the Taycan up into a different price bracket with this refresh

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
An 'interesting' thing I did yesterday because: bored.

I configured a 4S with all the equipment to match my current specification. It came out with £25,000 of options, which is definitely more than the same spec when I bought my Turbo. But then the Turbo config is still £15k more than this, so a similar difference. I guess Porsche really are pushing the Taycan up into a different price bracket with this refresh
My MY22 has a similar delta, despite £1k of my options that are now standard (including the Race-Tex B-pillars- I guess they got fed up having to sending loads of cars to the Exclusive Manufaktur line just for that upgrade).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
My MY22 has a similar delta, despite £1k of my options that are now standard (including the Race-Tex B-pillars- I guess they got fed up having to sending loads of cars to the Exclusive Manufaktur line just for that upgrade).
I'm sure you meant the quip sarcastically, seeing how just having the model-designating emblem in black (a part made of, you know, black plastic) is an "Exclusive Manufaktur" option. It cheapens the (sub)brand a bit, and I think we're overdue a rebranding.
Sponsored