Volcanic grey or mamba green!!! ??

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Fully biased

Porsche Taycan Volcanic grey or mamba green!!! ?? D8741F01-E4B7-45D2-A01A-EA07E9FD2AF5
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
If you anticipate any risk that with the green you might wake up one day and say "what was I thinking" then go with the grey. That was the only sentiment that drove me to pay extra for the Neptune Blue with chalk interior.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will say this, pictures do NOT do this color justice, at all. In real life, it is stunning. It is more subtle and sophisticated in person because there is so much metallic that it goes from a bright highlight where the sun hits to almost a dark green in the shadows or where not really hitting right on. Difficult to articulate but skeptics in my family were won over when they saw it in person.

And I mean no disrespect to anyone who has the other colors, but if you have to order a car and wait for months (9 months in my case), why not get a color that is not available from every other manufacturer . . .

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I will say this, pictures do NOT do this color justice, at all. In real life, it is stunning. It is more subtle and sophisticated in person because there is so much metallic that it goes from a bright highlight where the sun hits to almost a dark green in the shadows or where not really hitting right on. Difficult to articulate but skeptics in my family were won over when they saw it in person.

And I mean no disrespect to anyone who has the other colors, but if you have to order a car and wait for months (9 months in my case), why not get a color that is not available from every other manufacturer . . .
This color I find grows on people. My neighbors have told me that they were repulsed by the color but after a few minutes, they couldn't take their eyes off of it. When the sun shone onto the paint, their impressions grew into.. "that's a stunning color". If you like exciting greens, this is an exciting green. I wish less people would order MGM so it doesn't lose it's shine.

AlphaJGamma

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE43 Coupe
Country flag
I was in the same predicament originally until I saw mamba in the “flesh” then it was a no brainier for me. I went for the wheels too as I love the effect on the mission e wheels but can understand that’s possibly too much for some. Crayon interior. Car due for delivery 30/09. Can’t wait!

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Here’s a good representation of what Mamba actually looks like in person. I stood in the dealership adjusting this picture right next to the car until the color representation was accurate.

F5D346CF-6029-45E5-AF20-251E47859A1F.jpeg
photo rep spot on, saw one last night, think it's a bit comic bookish
but I'm biased too :involve:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Here’s a good representation of what Mamba actually looks like in person. I stood in the dealership adjusting this picture right next to the car until the color representation was accurate.

F5D346CF-6029-45E5-AF20-251E47859A1F.jpeg
I agree this is really accurate in the right lighting. It gets a little dark and flat when it’s cloudy though. And in bright sunlight there are almost yellowish highlights, to my eyes.

Reactions: B61

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think that Mamba green is a highly variable color depending upon light source and intensity. That is exactly what makes it interesting. I think the picture I took outdoors is an accurate representation, and it begins to show the spectrum from light to dark that appears under natural light. Under certain types of indoor lighting, the color becomes more uniform and the secondary hues seem to be emphasized.

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
Hey guys!
First off -i find this forum amazing . I’ve learnt so much since first joining …so really appreciate the amount of input everyone gives !

I’m on a wait list for a 4S ST (finally!) and getting excited about colours … by nature I’m not very “loud” , but I also don’t want to be utterly boring ! 😂

I’ve been toying with volcanic grey and either red and black leather or black and Chalk,,.
Else a complete opposite pole - mamba green with black leather !!

any thoughts would be hugely appreciated

add- we live in bloody grey rainy UK 😂
ESPECIALLY if you're in the UK, give yourself a lil change of scenery and Mamba Green all the way! We have enough white, gray, silver, and black cars on the road :CWL:

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I loved Mamba green from the photos and almost went for it but chose Gentian blue after seeing one in person. The only time I’ve seen a mamba green in Switzerland was at the track day which was overcast and for me it struggled in that light.

SThurlow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey guys!
First off -i find this forum amazing . I’ve learnt so much since first joining …so really appreciate the amount of input everyone gives !

I’m on a wait list for a 4S ST (finally!) and getting excited about colours … by nature I’m not very “loud” , but I also don’t want to be utterly boring ! 😂

I’ve been toying with volcanic grey and either red and black leather or black and Chalk,,.
Else a complete opposite pole - mamba green with black leather !!

any thoughts would be hugely appreciated

add- we live in bloody grey rainy UK 😂
COLOUR!!! Mamba Green all the way to make the grey go away!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Don't go for grey in a rainy grey country like the UK.
Grey is nice on boring car like a Volkswagen Passat.
A Porsche deserves a real color. I vote for green, red or blue.
Yes. I think any lighter strong color is a winner, because it makes the contrasting black body parts stick out.
Sponsored