Ompre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag
I think porsche will get its own battery system for sports cars like taycan and also audi perforamce cars. The battery system is realy special for this type of cars. Low weight, low volume, high density and hig power. I don't think that they use the ppe platform in cars like taycan. But I'm supriesed that they will use it in 718 boxster
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
I think porsche will get its own battery system and also audi perforamce cars. The battery system is realy special for this type of cars. Low weight, low volume, high density and hig power. I don't think that they will use in cars like taycan a ppe platform.
Additionally it is a low car, have "foot garage" battery packaging, that is unique for the existing platform. Maybe modified PPE or will name it whatever they want, does not matter.

It is too early, nobody knows anything about the platform , battery size, etc.

But who cares, will know everything when time comes, up to that we enjoy what we have.

Last edited:

Ompre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag
The issue is, that you loose volume with the "food garage" and you have to compensate it. The only way they can compensate it is the cell cemistry. PPE and MEB is all bout that they use the same battery cells to get scaling effects. If you want to have in this small space 100 kWH netto capacity you need special batterys.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The issue is, that you loose volume with the "food garage" and you have to compensate it. The only way they can compensate it is the cell cemistry. PPE and MEB is all bout that they use the same battery cells to get scaling effects. If you want to have in this small space 100 kWH netto capacity you need special batterys.
Absolutely not arguing with it.
Personally I am happy with the existing 93,4kWh.
It matters only longer trips. Stopping always every 2,5-3 hours ICE/EV does not matter. Stopping time already the same ICE vs Taycan, 15-20 min (toilet, coffee).
Lower weight would be more welcomed than higher capacity from my side. -That would result higher range as a “side effect”.

Last edited:

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Today my sales rep told me that my MY24 scheduled for November delivery (Oct production) might (!) include „product changes“ (aka facelift) and of course a price increase.

Last edited:

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today my sales rep told me that my MY24 scheduled for November delivery (Oct production) will include „product changes“ (aka facelift) and of course a price increase.
Would mean 4 facelifts for a calendar year. Cayenne, Panamera, 911, Taycan. Interesting.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Today my sales rep told me that my MY24 scheduled for November delivery (Oct production) will include „product changes“ (aka facelift) and of course a price increase.
Do you have a commission with scheduled delivery date for MY24 (commission id would start with the letter H, at least in the US it would)? Or is this just the dealer's extrapolation based on their prediction of when they will get the commission?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have a commission with scheduled delivery date for MY24 (commission id would start with the letter H, at least in the US it would)? Or is this just the dealer's extrapolation based on their prediction of when they will get the commission?
My EU commission nr was without a letter, 6 digit numbers.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
No, I have booked an actual quota slot (don’t know how else to name it in English, sorry) of my Porsche Center. That slot was originally for July but they can always shift it further to a later date. They did so on my request in order to get MY24, in any case be it facelift or not.
And in my official order confirmation by Porsche Germany it also says (non-binding) delivery date is November.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My EU commission nr was without a letter, 6 digit numbers.
I wonder if the model year is somewhere in that number. In the US, the starting letter tells you the MY. F for MY22, G for MY23, I presume H for MY24.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if the model year is somewhere in that number. In the US, the starting letter tells you the MY. F for MY22, G for MY23, I presume H for MY24.
I see. My com nr. was simply 073925.
Maybe the factory (producing) window sticker tells more, I do not know.
Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024MY Taycan will arrive summer 2024 for delivery in 2025 (says Porsche head office) IMG_3623

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TESLA goes to HW4 and brings back radar in it.
And yet, besides flashy and risky beta, they don't even have a Level 3 product like Mercedes, forget Level 4 like Waymo, Cruise, and few others. My guess is they will need HW6 or higher before Level 4. Elon's latest "FSD will work on HW3" is pure bullshit, because it all hinges on the definition of FSD (which has changed over the years, most notably FSD was redefined in 2019 to be essentially what Enhanced Auto Pilot was prior to then, which resulted in Tesla delivering a bunch of FSD features without delivering anything at all, just redefining what FSD means - a principle known as a "Texas sharp shooter").

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see. My com nr. was simply 073925.
Maybe the factory (producing) window sticker tells more, I do not know.
IMG_3623.jpeg
The only way we'd know is comparing a few commission ids from your country with different model years? Or maybe they only encode the model year in the USA.

Another interesting thing, VIN allocation. I was noticing recently that while my VIN serial is in the 68,000 range, I have seem some MY23 VIN's serial number in the 90,000 range on dealer lots already, so obviously Porsche produced VIN's in the 90,000 serial range before the 68,000 range. Fun things one observes while bored waiting for Porsche to hatch their car.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
Found this
Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024MY Taycan will arrive summer 2024 for delivery in 2025 (says Porsche head office) Next-gen-Porsche-Taycan-SSP-confirmation

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
I think porsche will get its own battery system for sports cars like taycan and also audi perforamce cars. The battery system is realy special for this type of cars. Low weight, low volume, high density and hig power. I don't think that they use the ppe platform in cars like taycan. But I'm supriesed that they will use it in 718 boxster
Sales rep told me the 718 battery will be behind the seats and I high. Who knows. Because seems they don't know a lot also.
Sponsored