Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Car’s in…delivery next week!
Happy with spec, but wished I had splurged for black calipers
Black costs more? Mine came standard in black but I'd rather have red!
Sponsored

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Black costs more? Mine came standard in black but I'd rather have red!
Isn't Porsche marketing genius? Making sure what comes standard is ok, but what you actually want costs extra. They know exactly what color to include for each trim so that they can collect from people who want "different". ;)

Different color calipers are standard on different trims and brake types. Even if you shell out thousands for the ceramic brakes, yellow is standard, black will cost you an extra thousand. Long time ago, when I was buying one of my Tesla Model S, they came with an included red caliper option, otherwise available on lower trims for $2,000. However, they let me skip the red back to basic black for free at build time. Not so much with Porsche. I remember I once paid extra for a custom 911 build in order to remove the sunroof which came standard with one of the packages I selected. AFAIK Porsche doesn't even let you remove random included features anymore though, only things the explicitly put in the configurator (like painting ceramic brakes basic black). They still let you remove model designation for free though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: Supreme Ace left Jacksonville, presumably cars destined there have been offloaded (even though my TYD shows my car heading to Huston now).I haven't heard from any other people here waiting for they Taycan from that shipment. Perhaps not many Taycans for Jacksonville on this load, or maybe not may sold ones as demand for cars in general is fading with the economy, so maybe the Taycans on this shipment are going to replenish east coast dealers' inventories.

PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
Mine delayed probably to March because of the current heating problems. Heaters are the bottleneck and used to replace existing Taycans first, therefore future deliveries will be delayed.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I gotta say, the February delivery thread seems a little sparse (compared to prior threads like December or January). Either Porsche hasn't shipped many Taycans recently, everyone got theirs already, or people dropping out due to market conditions (interest rates are insane compared to a year ago). I suddenly see significantly more inventory cars than last year too. Might be a good time to score a deal on a Taycan, used or new.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
I gotta say, the February delivery thread seems a little sparse (compared to prior threads like December or January). Either Porsche hasn't shipped many Taycans recently, everyone got theirs already, or people dropping out due to market conditions (interest rates are insane compared to a year ago). I suddenly see significantly more inventory cars than last year too. Might be a good time to score a deal on a Taycan, used or new.
All right, I'll add to the thread. Finally have something noteworthy happening. Incredibly smooth process so far. I somehow stumbled onto an available allocation (when they were very scarce), no ADM, and left a deposit on 10-22-22. From that point on my GTS has hit every milestone early. From locking the build to now being en route to PECATL 9 days ahead of the TYD timeline. Won't move my delivery date forward unfortunately. I take this as a pretty good indication that things are moving much more smoothly across the entire process. I'm actually letting myself get a little excited since the car is on a transporter and there doesn't appear to be a "stop sale" item lurking. So if you are out there waiting on a car take hope.

In two weeks I hopefully post something about how the car exceeds every expectation.

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
My TYD is now live, and this is the first screen that I am greeted with. I was under the impression that Port Emden delays, 12V battery availability, and Bose/BM amps shortages are behind us, and the last major issue is heaters for existing and new units. I wonder if this message is behind reality, or this is now new reality as it says that "delivery date is being delayed."

Porsche Taycan February 2023 deliveries 1675905222440

Bigal1267

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' GTS ST & 22 XC 90 T8 Recharge
Country flag
that message has been there since 2022 late summer I believe. For what's worth, my delivery date has been delayed for 2 months and now it is March and the car has just been sitting at Emden since late Jan.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
@SergeyIndy , semi ignore that note for a car not yet built as current production doesn't seem to be lacking any components. The message has remained unchanged for months. I still get the same message and my car is on the way to the dealer ahead of schedule. Covering their butts just in case, lazy website maintenance or aimed at older production that does need a part before shipping? Don't sweat that message.

Last edited:

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
My 4S CT is on the Lake Wanaka coming to Port Galveston, supposed to be here 2/24/23 (US date). I may have to decline it though, as my dealer is extremely low balling my trade in. Worse than pre-pandemic low balling, and I have read a few articles that wholesale prices on used vehicles are increasing again. I will be bummed if I have to walk away, but the Taycan is more of a want than need at this point, and I could reorder at any point once all options are available again. Going to try my luck with Carmax and Carvana before stepping away from my order. I am just one data point, but I am sure between interest rates, trade in values and investment hits there will be options on lots soon.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 4S CT is on the Lake Wanaka coming to Port Galveston, supposed to be here 2/24/23 (US date). I may have to decline it though, as my dealer is extremely low balling my trade in. Worse than pre-pandemic low balling, and I have read a few articles that wholesale prices on used vehicles are increasing again. I will be bummed if I have to walk away, but the Taycan is more of a want than need at this point, and I could reorder at any point once all options are available again. Going to try my luck with Carmax and Carvana before stepping away from my order. I am just one data point, but I am sure between interest rates, trade in values and investment hits there will be options on lots soon.
Yea, trade-in prices have absolutely dropped, though I am not sure if they reached pre-pandemic levels yet. The last report I saw, which was for Q4 last year, said the prices fell down about half way to pre-pandemic levels. I'm about to sell my car, 20 months after I put my first deposit on a Taycan, and absolutely the values have dropped, A LOT! Maybe you want a used Model S instead - 0-60mph sub 3 seconds (ludicrous mode, not plaid), free DC charging for life, built-in radar and laser countermeasures, OEM "plus" sport air suspension, 19.2KW onboard charger - at a fraction of a Taycan price. :giggle:

All that said, if the deal doesn't make sense financially anymore, the sensible thing is to walk away. Nothing spoils the fun of owning a car like knowing you overpaid, and/or having an oversized monthly payment like a constant toothache. I hope you find the right place to trade-in value though and join the Taycan family.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Yea, trade-in prices have absolutely dropped, though I am not sure if they reached pre-pandemic levels yet. The last report I saw, which was for Q4 last year, said the prices fell down about half way to pre-pandemic levels. I'm about to sell my car, 20 months after I put my first deposit on a Taycan, and absolutely the values have dropped, A LOT! Maybe you want a used Model S instead - 0-60mph sub 3 seconds (ludicrous mode, not plaid), free DC charging for life, built-in radar and laser countermeasures, OEM "plus" sport air suspension, 19.2KW onboard charger - at a fraction of a Taycan price. :giggle:

All that said, if the deal doesn't make sense financially anymore, the sensible thing is to walk away. Nothing spoils the fun of owning a car like knowing you overpaid, and/or having an oversized monthly payment like a constant toothache. I hope you find the right place to trade-in value though and join the Taycan family.
Yuck on the Tesla, have never owned and will never own one. I do have a '23 BMW iX M60, which is pretty nice and will just keep that if I walk away from the Taycan right now. The used car director offered $92k on the iX, it was $119k msrp and has less than 1,000 miles on it, and is only about 4 months old. Cars.com has 5 used M60s available in the entire US, with more miles and less options and they are selling from $108k-$115k so they are extremely lowballing. Initial plans were to trade the Cayenne and keep the iX and Taycan, but we are building a second house at the worst possible time, so decided to keep the Cayenne for a few more years.
Sponsored