Cross Turismo launch color

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Anyone know what that silver is? It looks great in videos, much better than any of the colors on the configurator. I would have guessed chalk if it didn’t have that little bit of metallic look in some of the videos.
Gotta decide on a color now..
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anyone know what that silver is? It looks great in videos, much better than any of the colors on the configurator. I would have guessed chalk if it didn’t have that little bit of metallic look in some of the videos.
Gotta decide on a color now..
Ice Grey I think and Mamba Green.

Config colours are pretty poor compared to the original Taycan. Volcano Grey has a brown tone to it on the CT and not on the saloon.

Configurator is also dog slow.

Patience I guess...

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
the US configurator is not slow, but I cannot find any option that removes all that black plastic..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You can't remove sadly but you can add more in the off-road pack. Some of it can be painted black and some bits can be Vesuvius Grey (an old Audi favourite).

I suspect in coming months it can all be colour coded otherwise it will hold folk back I suspect.

No sign of a towing hitch but a mount for a cycle carrier which has no picture yet.

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can't remove sadly but you can add more in the off-road pack. Some of it can be painted black and some bits can be Vesuvius Grey (an old Audi favourite).

I suspect in coming months it can all be colour coded otherwise it will hold folk back I suspect.

No sign of a towing hitch but a mount for a cycle carrier which has no picture yet.
It looks like the bike mount comes through the left and right grille looking pieces above the diffuser. I doubt there will be a hitch as a result. My DIY EV uses a similar setup (fake tailpipes) and it’s super stable for bikes.
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo launch color D79B50B3-BB49-4E49-A82F-210EEAA3E156

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting! I thought I saw different in the launch video, questioning my judgement now. Hitch would be preferable.
There really doesn’t seem to be a cutout for where the hitch could attach though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In the configurator there is a mount you can select but it may be hidden behind the upper part of the diffuser. Perhaps a hitch is then attached to that rather than an electrically deployable (and preferable) one. Not all options are on the configurator yet I think.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mind you it looks like a central hitch:
I'd like to see the dynamic loads analysis on a central hitch mount for a carrier with a heavy load. The torsional loads must require far more strengthening than would be required with a two point mount. The offset tow hook is an existing second mounting point.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mind you it looks like a central hitch:
I'd like to see the dynamic loads analysis on a central hitch mount for a carrier with a heavy load. The torsional loads must require far more strengthening than would be required with a two point mount. The offset tow hook is an existing second mounting point.
Update: looks like a two point mount in this photo. Actually, it looks like the carrier has its own license plate bracket and taillights. Thought I could sleep tonight with the torsional load issue resolved, but this presents new complications!
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo launch color 1614995961279

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update: looks like a two point mount in this photo. Actually, it looks like the carrier has its own license plate bracket and taillights. Thought I could sleep tonight with the torsional load issue resolved, but this presents new complications!
Better photo of the two-point mounted carrier (and Mamba Green, the only correct color for the Taycan):
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo launch color 1614997010466

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep that looks like a dead ringer for a two point attachment! I suppose I’m not nuts after all
Sponsored