Fozzwoody

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera 4s Convertible, BMW 520d
Country flag
I'm waiting for my Cross Turismo build slot, having ordered in October 22. I'm interested to hear what actual mileages owners are achieving, and whether there is much difference between the wheel sizes.
I drive 600 miles a week and a large chunk of this is a 250 mile each way drive along motorways and dual carriageway. I have a 7KW charger at either end, and am wondering what the chances of doing a non stop trip are? Slim, I guess!
From what I've read, at least the Taycan seems to give reasonably accurate mileages , compared with my previous Ipace which used to "lose" 15% of its range even with reasonably gentle use of my right foot.
I know Porsche have eked out more range recently, which will help, but wondered how close any owners were getting to my target of 250 mile range consistently? I am aware of the difference that weather conditions and use of heated seats etc. can make.

I have seen the mileage calculator on the Porsche GB website, where you can simulate the type of driving that you do, and it produces an estimate, but real world figures are always better. Some owners seem to mention getting 3 miles per KWh, which would persumably get close to 250 miles, if the usable battery is, say, 84 kwH. Does anyone obtain more than 3 miles per Kwh on motorway driving?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I have a '22 CT 4S, with the 21" Cross Turismo Design wheels. Full charge says 230, I never tested to the full drain. But I do road trips to SoCal quite a bit. My first stop is 180 miles away, and usually it's between 45-50 miles left on the battery. That's my most direct use case for battery range. there's a few trips where I drain it down to 10 miles left, but I don't think I kept track of driven mileage. Battery guesstimates on the Taycan is really accurate. Now on my Teslas......

-ThinkMac-

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I'm waiting for my Cross Turismo build slot, having ordered in October 22. I'm interested to hear what actual mileages owners are achieving, and whether there is much difference between the wheel sizes.
I drive 600 miles a week and a large chunk of this is a 250 mile each way drive along motorways and dual carriageway. I have a 7KW charger at either end, and am wondering what the chances of doing a non stop trip are? Slim, I guess!
From what I've read, at least the Taycan seems to give reasonably accurate mileages , compared with my previous Ipace which used to "lose" 15% of its range even with reasonably gentle use of my right foot.
I know Porsche have eked out more range recently, which will help, but wondered how close any owenrs were getting to my target of 250 mile range consistently? I am aware of the difference that weather conditions and use of heated seats etc. can make.

I've had my Taycan saloon RWD since November last year. It has the PB+, electric charge port covers, 21" RS Spyder rims, and the heat pump. I've driven it mainly on long distance runs between Holland and the UK, doing 750 km (466 miles) at a time. Last week I did a 1,000km (600 mile) trip from Holland to Stuttgart and back to visit the Taycan factory and do the tour. Here are some things I've noted:

* The temperature has a huge impact on economy. But what I've noticed is that it doesn't seem to improve much if it goes from 0 degrees to 15 degrees, but then once it gets above that figure (as it did last week), suddenly the range improves massively.

* I typically cruise at around 120 km/h (75 mph) on the motorway. In temperatures of between 0 and 15 degrees Celsius, I get somewhere between 27.5-26.5 kWh/100km, which means a range of between 307.1-333.3 km (190.8-207.1 miles), if you depleted the battery fully (which you're obviously not going to do). If you allow a 10% buffer at the end, then it means a real world touring range of between 276.4-300.0 km (171.7-186.4 miles).

* Last week was the first time in my ownership I'd seen a significant improvement in the range, and that was mainly down to the improved temperature (although a slightly downhill run combined with an average speed of around 110 km/h (68.4 mph) did help). Driving from Stuttgart to Holland I achieved an average economy of 22.3 kWh/100km, which would give a range of 376.7 km (234.1 miles) if fully depleting the battery, and 339 km (210.7 miles) if allowing a 10% buffer.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
More than 3 miles/kwh on the motorway - Certainly not over the last 6 months. More like 2.1-2.7 area. Lower end of that scale generally. In fact the only long run i can think of where i got over 3 miles/kwh was in August, when someone else was driving!

CT4S with 20 inchers.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have seen the mileage calculator on the Porsche GB website, where you can simulate the type of driving that you do, and it produces an estimate, but real world figures are always better.
The Porsche calculator will use real verified data and personal stories will be just that, the opinion of a user about a, probably, small data set, so I myself would trust the calculator far more than personal anecdote, though I find anecdotes useful too.

I chose the Taycan because I hoped it had enough range for the 225 mile journey to family on Anglesey, but since there were charging/refreshment stops en route I didn't actually bother to see if it would (it was December) and in fact stopping for a hot chocolate was pleasant and "refuelling" while drinking it made me smug.

I was going to try next time but since I always stop once on the way just making the stop at a charger/snack now makes more sense to me than trying to eke it out.

Now the weather is warmer the prediction is 250 miles, but in the real world I can get more or less depending on how I drive (just like fuel consumption in my petrol car).

So whilst I can't give you an anecdote to be sure it will be OK it probably will in summer if you drive appropriately, but if you stop for a drink just stop where you can charge it and the question is moot :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Taycan Turbo CT, my 100% calculates to be 216 miles (shows 184 miles at 85% SOC), in the current Pacific North West weather, on winter tires on 20" Tequipment Design wheels, and me using it mostly for short trips, with a heavy foot. This is actually an improvement over the estimates I got shortly after driving my car home from the dealer 3,500 miles (5600km) across the USA in the middle of winter. NOTE: that trip was on the same tires, but 20" Off-Road-Design wheels.

The mileage estimates are actually quite accurate, especially compared to Tesla rated range estimates I am used to after driving Teslas for the last decade.

My guess, 250 miles on 100% SOC is possible, given favorable weather, slow enough driving, and no big up-elevation change. Personally however, I would plan for one stop at a fast charger somewhere along the way to give yourself an extra buffer, visit a restroom, grab a coffee or a snack.

OP
OP

Fozzwoody

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera 4s Convertible, BMW 520d
Country flag
The Porsche calculator will use real verified data and personal stories will be just that, the opinion of a user about a, probably, small data set, so I myself would trust the calculator far more than personal anecdote, though I find anecdotes useful too.

I chose the Taycan because I hoped it had enough range for the 225 mile journey to family on Anglesey, but since there were charging/refreshment stops en route I didn't actually bother to see if it would (it was December) and in fact stopping for a hot chocolate was pleasant and "refuelling" while drinking it made me smug.

I was going to try next time but since I always stop once on the way just making the stop at a charger/snack now makes more sense to me than trying to eke it out.

Now the weather is warmer the prediction is 250 miles, but in the real world I can get more or less depending on how I drive (just like fuel consumption in my petrol car).

So whilst I can't give you an anecdote to be sure it will be OK it probably will in summer if you drive appropriately, but if you stop for a drink just stop where you can charge it and the question is moot :)
Thanks for this. As you say, it is a goal, but not necessarily an important one, as coffee, and or bladder need attention in less than 4 hours. Halfway for me has 8 new Gridserve 350KW chargers and a variety of fast food places, so all fine there.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Thanks for this. As you say, it is a goal, but not necessarily an important one, as coffee, and or bladder need attention in less than 4 hours. Halfway for me has 8 new Gridserve 350KW chargers and a variety of fast food places, so all fine there.
If you are anything like me you will relax about range here once you have a few trips under your belt, since, like you write, you will be stopping anyway and nothing makes me more smug than knowing my car is "re-fuelling" while I am enjoying a snack!

I suppose there are routes and times of day when fully occupied chargers is a real problem though with our poor investment in infrastructure, but so far OK for me.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
* The temperature has a huge impact on economy. But what I've noticed is that it doesn't seem to improve much if it goes from 0 degrees to 15 degrees, but then once it gets above that figure (as it did last week), suddenly the range improves massively
I haven’t had my Taycan long enough to run it in anything approaching warm, but I know from other EV experience the “Goldilocks” sweet spot ambient temp for extending range is around 19 to 23C. No need for heat or cooling. Let her rip.

Which in our beautiful Isles is about 3 days a year. Ok that’s a tad harsh. Please can we have some inkling of Spring weather now please, it’s the 21st 🤣

Running EVs in winter is brutal on the range!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
The mileage estimates are actually quite accurate, especially compared to Tesla rated range estimates I am used to after driving Teslas for the last decade.
That still messes with my head as I jump from driving one T to another T 🤣

Need to constantly recalibrate my internal guess-o-meter

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
That still messes with my head as I jump from driving one T to another T 🤣

Need to constantly recalibrate my internal guess-o-meter
Yea, for me it's getting into the car and feeling the "oh crap, I forgot to plug it in" when I look at the Taycan estimated range, then I remember it's not a Tesla and the range doesn't have to start with a 2xx to mean the car finished charging ok. :CWL:

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I got up to 280 miles in summer (UK) in my last 4CT with 20" wheels and my new 4CT with 21" wheels is unlikely to do that - it shows about 235 at the moment in mild UK temperatures of around 10 degrees C - I'd guess I'll see about 240-maybe 250 in warmer months - the 21" wheels certainly make a difference to range and if I bought another Taycan would revert to 20s as the 21" ride is much more harsh. 21s do look good though !

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Real world range 1679406318160

distance travel 410km rwd 20" aero wheel did 100-120km most of the time 70% wet road 6-9 degree c.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
My car showed 282 miles when I recently charged to 100%. 70 degree weather in Florida no doubt helps the range a lot. GTS on 20" wheels, Pirelli summer tires, just over 1,100 miles, so wheel size helps, tire type hurts and not fully broken in hurts. Driving is mostly going with the flow of traffic. My guess is that you can safely make 250 miles in warmer weather if you are driving sanely. The car's range estimates seem pretty accurate. Just another data point for your consideration and one based on limited mileage. YMMV as the saying goes.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Posted this in a few threads (apologies for those seeing it yet again :)) but at least some actual data from my car over it's first year - have a lot more on real consumptive performance in the other dedicated threads on the forum (will add link when I get more time).

And for ref I drive constantly with AC, near 80-90% of the year, PB+ on 21" wheels and summer perf tires and do not baby the thing at all i.e. my driving style has not changed one bit from ICE to EV. Make the point as whilst of course these numbers are the car's 'predictive' ranges (with AC off), not true consumptive, they are being calculated from a driving style/record that is anything but conservative - thus if you drive more so presumably you'd get even better results.

Other proviso of course climate based etc.

Porsche Taycan Real world range Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 9.54.07 AM
Sponsored