W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It took a while but now Porsche have realised that they have no market big enough to support 2 Sport Turismo variants across 2 model ranges. Until today I had guessed that the Panamera would be retired gracefully as the overlap between the Taycan range as it is today and the Panamera is too great.

I loved my Pana ST but prefer the Taycan ST overall - just need to add some missing comfort features such as constantly variable door opening stops and soft closing of doors.

RIP Pana ST
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
It took a while but now Porsche have realised that they have no market big enough to support 2 Sport Turismo variants across 2 model ranges. Until today I had guessed that the Panamera would be retired gracefully as the overlap between the Taycan range as it is today and the Panamera is too great.

I loved my Pana ST but prefer the Taycan ST overall - just need to add some missing comfort features such as constantly variable door opening stops and soft closing of doors.

RIP Pana ST
Ouch, I didn’t realize that they killed the ST. I was holding out hope for that.
RIP indeed.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I can see only 3 variants on the UK configurator- have they said that others (ST, other power units and more hybrids) aren't going to join them later?
To my eyes, the Panamera was never been much of a looker except in ST guise. I was sorry to have to rule it out in favour of the Cayenne's better practicality (also the fact that the Panamera was too long to easily park in my garage).

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
The ST hasn't been renewed due to low sale volumes (less than 10%).
According to some insights 3 other versions will be issued a little later : the 4 e-hybrid (around 470hp), the 4S e-Hybrid (around 570hp) and the TurboGT e-hybrid (around 740hp)...The GTS is not confirmed yet.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can see only 3 variants on the UK configurator- have they said that others (ST, other power units and more hybrids) aren't going to join them later?
To my eyes, the Panamera was never been much of a looker except in ST guise. I was sorry to have to rule it out in favour of the Cayenne's better practicality (also the fact that the Panamera was too long to easily park in my garage).
They've killed if off - only the stretched version to be added to the new M24 facelift.

Same length as the Taycan and width so really nothing between them dimension wise.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Yes I agree, having soft-close on the Panamera was so so good. Something I do miss. . .

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
I forgot the source: 50% of the new pana sold is from China (a single market), the ppl there don't want the ST version en Taycan either, so commercially it makes sense.
the build quality of Pana is way more solid than Taycan, and the next-gen Pana will be EV too as I understand.

mocsman

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Was about to buy the Panamera ST in 2021 until I saw the Taycan CT…. The ST is still the only other 4-door I will buy, apart from the CT and the RS6 Avant. My love for long roofs clearly shows 😜
Sponsored