smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
According to my dealer, mine has also been produced but is being held by the factory due to the lack of 12v battery. Current estimated date for delivery is November. The SA said this may come forward but that's the current date they have. Not his fault and not much we can do but wait and hope Porsche sort this out sooner 🤷‍♂️

No update to MyPorsche at all btw, still at stage 3...
Maybe you will get Stage 4 once the battery is added? hope it comes sooner for yo0u.

For me that would be fair - a car that can't be driven has not yet been produced.

IMO That would be less misleading than Porsche telling people the car is produced Stage 4 .... knowing there will now be an even longer wait for a battery to make it drivable - than it took to be built from scratch.

just my 2c
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Maybe you will get Stage 4 once the battery is added? hope it comes sooner for yo0u.

For me that would be fair - a car that can't be driven has not yet been produced.

IMO That would be less misleading than Porsche telling people the car is produced Stage 4 .... knowing there will now be an even longer wait for a battery to make it drivable - than it took to be built from scratch.

just my 2c
Sure, it was just a note really. Key point being that I've been informed a delay (which is essentially the 8 weeks mentioned a few times already). And so we wait 🤔

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
So will new cars being produced from next month be at the end of the queue for a 12v battery? Or are they running the 2 lines in parallel so new cars aren’t delayed and the backlog clears over 12 weeks? I don’t suppose anyone actually knows the answer to this question?

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
So will new cars being produced from next month be at the end of the queue for a 12v battery? Or are they running the 2 lines in parallel so new cars aren’t delayed and the backlog clears over 12 weeks? I don’t suppose anyone actually knows the answer to this question?
I don’t think so. Reading are hoping the 8 weeks isn’t ‘real’, or they will have a lot of delayed Taycan’s!

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Well I was told a few weeks ago I was confirmed September build but I've spoken to the dealer today and he says that won't happen and will likely be an October build. The system still says September but my order hasn't yet been locked so seems it will be delayed.

Rather disappointing after getting excited I might see my car soon but seems I'll be lucky to see it in December.

Luminated67

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4M50
Country flag
To be fair it’s not the fault of the dealer but as usual it’s them that customers vent their anger towards. Porsche should be offering a sweetener to those who are waiting this long.

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Taycan 4S (On Order)
Country flag
Ordered my 4S in February. I was given a build date of 15th Sept in July, and received a call on Monday that the build date was still showing at 15th Sept, but current builds are being delayed between 4-8 weeks. Dealer told me that they are hoping battery issues will be sorted and I may still get my car in October, but to expect a delay. Dealer is Porsche Sutton Coldfield. I’m getting a bit anxious as I’m meant to be using it as a wedding car at a friends wedding, (his request,) and they’re unlikely to get a car now at this short notice. One can only hope that the battery making gods sort themselves out!

Southern Rain

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Pretty much the same story here, build is still on for September but delivery now looks like November. It was supposed to be delivered at the end of September.

Really hope that the battery situation is sorted sooner than expected and that the deliveries speed up.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Can’t say for certain, but on the face of it they aren’t prioritising existing / built cars for cars that are yet to go into production with battery supply.

I expect the delay for built cars is that now they are off the production line, in storage etc. it’s just a much logistically and physically slower process to get the batteries fitted than if these cars were still in the factory being built.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Pretty much the same story here, build is still on for September but delivery now looks like November. It was supposed to be delivered at the end of September.

Really hope that the battery situation is sorted sooner than expected and that the deliveries speed up.
Ask him to move the wedding - blame russia!

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
I’ve just got stage 4, car is produced and waiting for batteries but they are still saying it will be shipped on 13 September.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Mine went stage 4 on 31/7/22 and dealer expected pick up this week but now stopped again although it did go to stage 5 on 17/8.

Since it was an impulse purchase of a car I don’t need I wish I hadn’t gone ahead now. Production was estimated for 10/21 on the day I placed my order…

Looks like I’ll pick it up about a year later than I had expected when I placed the order.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I’ve just got stage 4, car is produced and waiting for batteries but they are still saying it will be shipped on 13 September.
Fingers crossed 🤞
Mine moved to Scheduled for production on 1st September but production completion is still November 4th and delivery to Reading 24th November

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Worrying times for German manufactiring with Russia turning the gas taps off completely to Europe now.

I wonder if this will now trigger emergency stage 3?
If it does, that will mean rationing with priority to homes and hospitals.

This is what was being said about it last month, when (reduced) supplies were still running.

Fatih Birol warned about the possibility of Russian gas being cut off completely from Europe in an interview with the Financial Times. Birol suspects that the gas cut-offs are meant to prevent Europe from filling storage. If that happens, Germany can not rule out further measures, such as gas rationing.
“If further measures are necessary, we will take them,” said Habeck.​

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Mine went stage 4 on 31/7/22 and dealer expected pick up this week but now stopped again although it did go to stage 5 on 17/8.

Since it was an impulse purchase of a car I don’t need I wish I hadn’t gone ahead now. Production was estimated for 10/21 on the day I placed my order…

Looks like I’ll pick it up about a year later than I had expected when I placed the order.
I’m not sure how many of us really NEED a Taycan. But hopefully it will appear soon and you will enjoy having it. And if not, you can easily sell it on at no loss in the next 6-12 months.
Sponsored