Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Interesting that MB was cruising around in Michigan -- probably checking out how the EQE performs during car-jackings in Detroit.
Maybe they wanted to do testing on poor roads?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Not my cup of tea in any case, but the standard displays look truly pitiful compared to the hyperscreen.
IMO, standard display(s) ruins the interior it looks as someone went to "computer shoop", buy a screen and put it on .... but hyperscreen looks excellent.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
IMO, standard display(s) ruins the interior it looks as someone went to "computer shoop", buy a screen and put it on .... but hyperscreen looks excellent.
I agree! If this is the standard screen I think they just bought two tablets and stuck them into position. Very disappointed.

Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 1633594431872

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Exactly... and they did the same with EQC... .(and Tesla for new X as well).
Probably it's easier for replacement than in case of tight integration into console, but it ruins interior completely.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
"Burmester 15-Speaker, 710W Sound System with 3D Sound, EQ Sound Experience, and Sound Personalization"

Half the watts of the Burmester in the Taycan and six less speakers.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
The Taycan is stunning, but I am sometimes feeling my age with some back pain getting in/out. I know I am in a minority, but I always hated the SUV driving position. The EQS sounded nice and will tick a lot of checkboxes, but as others mentioned it will take some adjustment from sporty/gorgeous to luxurious/huge/not so beautiful car. Now if only Porsche made a Panamera EV that would cover all my needs.... I remember the Norwegian guy who drove the Taycan to Spain and back. He also had the latest Panamera - that looked so comfy for the long road, yet so beautiful inside and out....

Will wait to test drive the AMG version of the EQE - see how that goes.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Its not pretty but the front is more low slung in person which gives it a more aggressive look.

Interior looks nice, flawless build quality, materials not so great. The base interior leather has some sandpaper MB Text which is bad.
Seating is comfortable, visibility is good. Rear seats the floor is high so your legs are sitting high, not a fully flat floor.

Hyperscreen is beautiful, vibrant & sharp, extremely snappy, but counter intuitive, hard to navigate, too many screens to get what you're looking for. Passenger screen is useless.
Went to a test drive event and was going to type pretty much all of this but read your post and will just say seconded!

At the top of the range with amg, hyperscreen etc. the interior is amazing - drive was good for what it is but the front and back styling dont work for me. Very buick-y.

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Went to a test drive event and was going to type pretty much all of this but read your post and will just say seconded!

At the top of the range with amg, hyperscreen etc. the interior is amazing - drive was good for what it is but the front and back styling dont work for me. Very buick-y.
They might have gone over the top with cw optimization. ;)

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I was at the EQS pop up store in Santa Monica, around the corner from a Tesla store.

More people looking at the EQS were playing with the hyperscreen, secondary was the interior which they were impressed by.

Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20211205_102042
Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20211205_110828
Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20211205_110952
Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20211205_111033

For those in the US looking to lease an EQS 580, the terms aren't that favorable.
MF .00139, similar RV to a Taycan Turbo in the mid 40% range.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
My dealer is still waiting for their first EQS. I must say that the dark color exterior is growing on me.... I find it very irritating that they are now trying to sell them over MSRP, and that MB did not organize a waitlist - like Porsche did with the Taycan launch. This makes it very unpredictable as to when you can get a production slot.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Was told by MB UK on Tuesday that it will probably Q2 next year before we see a car at the showrooms.
Sponsored